FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
' A VELVETED
STAIRWAY . '

Eddie stepped out of the car and shoved her hands into her pockets. She began to ascend the steps and lifted a hand, her knuckles colliding with the door. Leaning against the wall, her eyes danced over the street and then flickered towards the entrance as it opened.

'Look, Ray, please listen to me.'

She raised an eyebrow. 'By the sounds of it, I need to kick Ray's ass.' Allison faltered, blinking as she furrowed her eyebrows at Eddie. The ginger-haired girl pulled the fedora from her head and a mischievous smirk formed on her face. 'Good afternoon, madam.'

'Eddie!' Allison covered her mouth as a layer of water covered her eyes. She went to move forward, but Eddie took a step back, her eyes flickering between the floor and Allison as her arms dropped to her side.

'Oh... My God.' Klaus came to stand behind Allison. She ran her tongue over her teeth as she slipped the hat back on her head. 'You look-'

'-Please don't finish that sentence.' She grimaced, waving her hand in front of her face as she took another step back. 'Come on, dearies, we're having a family reunion.' She nodded her head towards the car and continued backwards. 'And on the way there, we can pre-plan Ray's funeral just in case I accidentally kill him.' She smirked before jogging down the steps and moving to the car. She pulled open a door, her other hand still stuffed in her pocket and winked as Allison slid into the car. She closed the door, as Klaus stood by the other one with an expectant look on his face.

'I'll do it, as long you don't get a boner.'

Klaus smiled widely. 'No promises.'

Eddie let out a piece of laughter as she circled the car, pulling open the door. 'Madam.' She nodded, and Klaus fell into the seat, a hand over his heart. She smirked before slipping into the driver's seat. She pulled the car out of park and moved out of the street, leaning into the seat.

'So is there a reason you're dressing like dad?'

'A lot more can be done when you're a man at this time. Especially someone like me.' She glanced out of the window, slowing to a stop at a junction. She did not look before continuing forward, the cars slotting around her before they registered she was there. 'I needed to be in a place of power. And being an autistic female, it's almost impossible to get there. Women are supposed to be married, a mother, docile and affectionate.' Eddie let out a breath. 'All of which, I have no intention of being.' She swung around a corner. 'A man on the other hand.' She pursed her lips, glancing through the rearview mirror. 'It's a velveted stairway. No one expects an angel to set the world on fire.'

'Woah.' Klaus breathed out.

'But the both of you seem to have no trouble interfering either.' She smirked. 'A civil rights activist and a cult leader?' She whistled. 'Love it.'

'Well, I couldn't just sit by,' Allison replied.

'I don't imagine anyone could.' She blinked a few times as she pushed her foot down on the accelerator. 'Anyway, why the fuck do I have to clamp Ray's balls?' Allison sighed, sinking into her seat as she closed her eyes. She opened her mouth and delved into the recount.