TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
' RIP THAT SAGGY
WHELK OF A FACE
OFF HIS BODY . '

Eddie sighed as she walked between the two Fives, the older one behind her as he yelled at random by-goers and the other moving a few paces in front of her. Her hands were in her pockets, and she only freed them to push her hair out of her face.

The younger Five stopped suddenly and turned to face Eddie, waiting for her to catch up. The corners of her mouth twitched as she joined him, continuing their movement. She watched him glance at her out of the corner of her eye, and she raised her eyebrow, her irises focusing on the ground.

'What's on your mind, Mr Assassin?'

'Oh, nothing.' He shook his head and looked ahead of him. Eddie rolled her eyes as she let out a sigh. She glanced behind for a moment as she counted down in her head. 'Why are you dressed like that?' he finally asked.

She smirked as her eyes flickered to his for a moment. 'Like what; a girl can't express herself? Does it offend you, Mr old-grumpy-Five?'

'No.'

'Well it better not, 'cause I'll rip your brain from your skull,' she replied, looking away.

'You haven't changed a bit, have you?' Five remarked.

'Why fix something that ain't broke?' she retorted, a smirk forming on her face.

'I'm the daddy here!'

Eddie half turned to glance at the older Five as she blinked a few times. She lifted a finger at the younger Five, grimacing slightly. 'Just a moment, if you wouldn't mind.' She turned on her heel and clicked her fingers at Luther, jabbing a finger behind her as he gave a short nod, moving away. Five was grumbling under his breath, and Eddie rolled up her sleeves, giving a small smile to the passers-by. She lifted her hand and stuck Five across his face. 'Pull yourself together, arsehole!' she whispered shirtily.

He stumbled slightly, rounding on her and lifting his clenched hands before his face. She let out a sigh as he launched himself at her. Eddie sidestepped out of the way, sticking her foot out as he landed on his face. Five leapt to his feet and lifted his arms, hopping from one foot to another. 'Go on, Rocky Balboa,' she taunted, and Five narrowed his eyes. 'Fucking get your shit together, arsehole.'

They grouped at a small grassy area near the Knoll. Eddie leant against the fence, her body shaking slightly, as she stared at the ground with distant eyes. Both Fives and Luther stood together.

The younger Five made his way towards her, dumping his case on the ground as he hung a radio on the fence. He began to assemble the gun as he listened.

'The Dallas-Fort Worth area broadcast here to bring you a special description of the arrival of President John F. Kennedy.'

Eddie shifted, moving to look over the fence as she regarded the swarms of people. She tilted her head as she supported it with her hands.

'You'd make an asset to the Commission, you know?' Eddie's eyes flickered to the side of her before jumping back.

'Do enlighten me,' she drawled.

'Your disconnection to everything around you.' Her eyes snapped towards his crouched figure as she raised an eyebrow. The world around them dropped a few degrees as her eyes darkened slightly. Five, seeming to notice her look, peered up at her as he rose, adjusting the weapon and tilting his head.

'But it comes at a cost you wouldn't understand,' she replied coldly. Five rolled his eyes and aimed the gun over the fence. Eddie lifted her chin as her eyes glowed gently, and the wind picked up around them, only just a noticeable change. 'You're treading on thin ground,' she seethed out before she turned away, clenching her fists.

'Eddie?' Luther asked gently, and her eyes flickered up before dropping to the ground as she wiggled her fingers.

'Are you conspiring against me too?' Five seethed as Eddie rolled her shoulders, glancing at the younger Five.

'If by conspiring you mean wanting to rip that saggy whelk of a face of his body, then yes.' She glanced at the older version. He did not seem to know how to react for a moment as he blinked at her. Time slowed down as Five disappeared from in front of her and an explosion of blue erupted behind her.