Chapter 20.

Sarah's pov.

   Michael was a pain in my ass, I begged him to be nice but he fucked me up. He would get a piece of me when I get back home.
  "He doesn't like me. "Ray said as soon as he started the engine and started moving.
  "It's not that. He's just being a jerk, an overprotective jerk. "I said before adjusting my bracelet.
  "You look so beautiful. I love your dress. " He said trying to change the subject.
  "Thank you, Alex's friend Shalom got it for me on my birthday. "
  He just smiled and continued driving. His phone rang after a few minutes and he picked up. He spoke to the person quietly and calmly then when he was done he hung up and placed the phone on the pigeonhole.
   "I got us a date with Jay Chris. "He said smiling. Jay Chris was a jerk, my family cut all connections with him after what he did to Alex.
   "I'm not going with you. "I said bluntly and stared out of the window.
  "Why?, Everyone loves Jay Chris. He's as good as your brother. "
   "Not me nor my family. He hurt Alex and I'm sorry of I didn't tell you sooner. Just cancel it Ray, I'm so sorry."
   "It's fine. No biggie. "He said before lacing his right hand through mine.
   We drove for a few more minutes until we got to his house.  The car porch was loaded with cars and we eventually parked at the reserved spot. Ray opened up the car door like a gentle man and held my hand as we walked into the house.
  The house was decorated with beautiful ribbons and balloons. It also had a huge TV screen that showed a picture story of Ray's Dad and Tricia.
A tall and handsome guy walked over at us and Ray signalled to me that he was Jack, his stepbrother.
   "Hey little man. "Jack said as soon as he got to us. He shook Ray and he examined me and a broad smile spread across his face. "This should be the beauty queen that gets you all messed up. "He added before shaking me too.
   "Yeah, she sure is. "Ray said before holding me closer.
   "June right?. "Jack asked I felt embarrassed that Ray didn't tell Jack much about me. Or maybe I wasn't the first girl Ray had introduced to him. Who the fuck is June?.
  "No, Sarah. "I managed to say.
   "Jack, you're getting on my nerves, I told you her name specifically. "Ray said annoyed.
   "Gentle fella. "Jack said and it was obvious that Ray was still annoyed.
   "Where's Miley? Ray asked trying to conceal his annoyance.
   "She's with Mom. "Jack replied and studying the reaction on Ray's face, he corrected himself. "My mom. "
   They talked for a few seconds and then we headed down to the food table. We grabbed some cupcakes and punch.
   "Who's Miley?." I asked before grabbing the punch he offered me.
   "Jack's girlfriend. "He answered before sipping his punch and I did the same.
   "Who's June?. "I asked as soon as we sat beside the pool.
   "Sarah."He said holding my hands tight. "She's nobody you should worry about. Forget what Jack said, he's trying to get into your head. I love you and you know that."
  "I love you too. "I managed to say before eating a cupcake.
  The party was quite nice, Ray promised to be at his best behaviour his Dad was also shocked at how behaved Ray was, Tricia pulled me aside to thank me fore what I've done. Which technically I didn't understand.
   It was already late, at around 9pm and the party was about to end. Jack and Ray were expected to say their speeches so they could round up. Jack said a quite long and heartfelt speech and then it was Ray's turn. He stood up and gave me a reassuring smile, I was afraid he would do something nasty and I wasn't far from the truth.
He walked over to the spotlight and grabbed the microphone.
   "Good evening everyone. "He said as soon as he got the mic, Everyone clapped to encourage him. "I'm indeed shocked that I'm right here. "He begun. He took the mic out of the stand and moved from the spotlight, my palms went sweaty. "I wouldn't be here if not for my beautiful girlfriend over there. "He said motioning at me and everyone clapped. "My Dad, Mr Lonnie. Found it quite OK to get married to that bitch over there. " Everyone was in shock, some women used their hands to cover their mouths in surprise. I saw Mr Lonnie's face go red and Tricia's face go pale. "Let me finish, My mom died of cancer!. "He shouted and at this point Jack and Mr Lonnie stood up to stop him from continuing. He ran with the mic and kept talking. "You Son of a bitch, you think your family's complete right now, oh no you're wrong. I'll never be the son you want me to be, because you were never the father I wanted you to be. "He said and finally threw the microphone on the ground. He ran out of the house and I followed him.