Chapter 21

Author's note.
    I'm writing this chapter because I feel it would be better if you know Ray's pov from the party. Xoxo,one love. Muah!.

Ray's pov.

    Hearing Jack say such nice things about dad made my headache. Jack knew nothing about him, He was a wizard. All this platters of gold were supposed to be for mom, for my mom. She always wanted to celebrate their anniversary but dad never did. Instead on their anniversary he would go out and come back drunk late at night knowing fully well that mom prepared a lot for their anniversary.
    Jack went off the stage and it was my turn. I knew Sarah knew me well and I looked down at her and smiled at her like everything was going to be OK. I walked over to the stand and grabbed the microphone.
   "Good evening everyone. "I said as soon as I got the mic, Everyone clapped to encourage me, I was so going to Fuck them up. "I'm indeed shocked that I'm right here. "I begun. I took the mic out of the stand and moved from the spotlight. "I wouldn't be here if not for my beautiful girlfriend over there. "I said motioning at Sarah and her face went pale she knew I was up to no good. "My Dad, Mr Lonnie. Found it quite OK to get married to that bitch over there. " Everyone was in shock. I saw Dad's face go red and Tricia's face go pale. I smiled in satisfaction. "Let me finish, My mom died of cancer!. "I shouted and at this point I lost control I almost wanted to go wild and hurt my dad so much. Jack stood up and followed by Dad both trying to stop me. I ran with the mic and kept talking. "You Son of a bitch, you think your family's complete right now, oh no you're wrong. I'll never be the son you want me to be, because you were never the father I wanted you to be. "I finally before I threw the microphone on the ground and ran out of the house.
    I opened the car and entered into the car. I slammed my palm on the steering wheel as hard as I could. I screamed so loud that I didn't notice Sarah knocking lightly. I unlocked the door for her and she got in.
   "Ray. "She said softly as soon as she saw how sad I was. She hugged me tight and kissed me passionately.
   "I'm sorry I wasn't on my best behaviour. "I managed to say.
   "It's OK, I know exactly how you feel. I would have done the same. "She said before cupping my face into her hands.
   We were distracted by the heavy knocks on the glass and it was Dad. He looked sad and remorseful. He kept knocking until I rolled the glass down.
I felt Sarah's grip on my hand tighten, she wanted me to behave.
   "Son, I'm honestly really sorry. "Dad said as soon as the glass was all down. "I wasn't the dream dad you wanted me to be. I know I've been so selfish and cruel. I got married to Trica because I wanted you to be happy. My pride didn't let me apologize. I'm apologizing right now son. "He said before reaching into his pocket and grabbing a piece of paper. He handed it to me. "Before your mom died, you were too busy crying on her sick bed. She left this letter for you, She left it there on her bed and when I came later to pick you up. the nurse handed it to me. I'm sorry for not giving you any sooner. "He said before cleaning the tears from his eyes and walking back into the house.
    With the paper squeezed in my hand. I drove as fast as I could. I got to the cool vegetable farm close by and pulled over.
   "Sarah, I'm confused. "I spat out with tears rolling from my eyes. She was surprised to see me cry.
   "You can get through this. "She said before hugging me tight.
   I instantly felt better. I opened up the paper and we both read the content.
   Dear Raymond,
       Mommy loves you so dearly. I know I won't be able to see my little muchy grow up. I know I'll miss you dearly and I also want you to know that your Dad loves you too. Although he has a weird way of showing it. My last wish is to see your dad remarry and give you a sibling like you've always wanted.
   Ray, you have to be strong. I'm not going to leave you. I'll be with you every second, minute and hour of the day. I hope this letter meets you well, wipe your tears and smile. Knock knock....Its time.... Time to say goodbye.
                                                   Love,
                                                     Mom.

     I felt tears roll down my eyes freely, Sarah used he thumb to wipe them off and hugged me. Reassuring me that she was there for me. I felt like the villain, Dad was only fulfilling mom's last wish. I was so dumb.