-first month back-

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

-Your POV-

  With the second Saturday of the school year came the quidditch tryouts. Tryouts along with the stress of the Tri-Wizard tournament was enough to make any witch go absolutely mad. Harry was also chosen as one of the champions which was incredibly bizarre and just brought a little more stress into my life. I mean, people have died in this tournament, I don't want Harry to go down in history for that.

With a million thoughts racing in my head, I went and sat down next to Draco at the Slytherin table, he was talking with Blaise about a potions assignment and Pansy was trying so hard to get Draco's attention. I rolled my eyes at her and grabbed myself a small slice of one of the many large treacle tarts spread across the table, I grabbed a fork and sort of nibbled at it, my nerves were restricting my appetite for the morning. Draco turned to me and had sort of a half-smile.

"Are you nervous about today Y/N?"

"Definitely, I mean I'm sure I'll do good, but it's still a bit nervewracking."

"You'll do great" He smiled and then looked a little past me like he was looking behind me and his face turned red. I turned back as well and saw Hermione walking over.

"Oh my-" I turned back to Draco to see him smiling like an idiot and I slapped his arm. "Draco. Lucius. Malfoy." He awkwardly laughed "Are you two dating!?"

He looked a little embarrassed and nodded. I think Pansy nearly had a heart attack.

"You're dating the mudblood!?" Pansy asked that in such a screechy tone and I swear Draco almost killed her.

"Shut up Parkinson or you won't have a bloodline to keep." He glared at her and then turned back around since Hermione had made her way over. I think she learned to accept that there were quite a few prejudiced students at this school and that word no longer bothered her anymore.

She bent down a bit and planted a kiss on Draco's cheek. She smiled. "I just came over here to wish you good luck on your tryout today, love." She turned to me "I wish you luck too, Y/N....but I'm not going to kiss you." She giggled and waved to both of us and went back to sit down at the Gryffindor table. I turned to face their table and I waved at Harry and Ron, they waved back and it looked like Harry had whispered something to Ron because Ron's face froze and turned red and then he slapped Harry on the arm.

Boys are so dramatic. I smiled to myself and turned back around and finished my breakfast.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I made my way down to the quidditch pitch with Draco, broom in hand, fully prepared for my tryout. I saw Marcus Flint, captain of the team looking very confused.

'Oi, Malfoy I told you no new players this year 'cause of the tournament" Marcus looked very  annoyed.

"Okay look, I know, but I reckon Y/LN here would make a bloody good seeker." He smiled at me.

"Malfoy...you're already our seeker-"

Draco interrupted, "Yeah, but I don't want to be seeker anymore, I wanted to try for keeper this season."

"Well, then I guess we can give her a chance."

Draco smiled triumphantly and Marcus glared at him and then he looked at me, he picked up the snitch and held it in his hand like a trophy.

"Y/L/N, Malfoy, the two of you will go after the snitch, it's simple really if Malfoy gets it, he stays seeker but if Y/L/N gets it....we'll think about making her seeker."

Draco and I both nodded and got on our brooms and got into the air, I looked at Draco and nodded, Marcus saw that we were ready and he let the snitch go. Damn, that thing was fast, I picked up my speed and dipped down, Draco was right behind me and I tried to go a little faster, suddenly the snitch shot up. I rolled my eyes and pulled back on my broom so I could get up a little higher and I held my hand out in hopes of catching it, but to no avail, right as I grabbed it, it slipped right out of my hand and I lost my balance, almost falling off of my broom. I did my best to regain my balance as quickly as possible since Draco had already gotten ahead.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

-Ron's POV-

Hermione wanted me and Harry to come and watch the tryouts with her since she didn't want to be alone. I still can't believe she's dating Malfoy, I mean Malfoy....we're supposed to be enemies with him but I guess they ran into each other over the summer and he apologized for everything and they somehow started dating, but whatever makes 'Mione happy I suppose, and along with Hermione and...Draco dating, Harry and my bloody sister started dating. Harry and Ginny...Hermione and Draco, everyone is dating everyone and I have no one. I frowned to myself and just tried to pay attention to the tryouts. I hope Y/N does good, I didn't even get a chance to wish her good luck. I'm sure she'll do good anyway. We continued to watch as both Y/N and Malfoy battled to catch the snitch, Hermione practically had a heart attack when Y/N almost fell off her broom but I didn't really worry, I knew she'd be okay. I smiled to myself when she got back on her broom without hesitation. She really seemed to know what she was doing and I was right because as soon as Draco reached out to catch the snitch Y/N caught it instead. You could tell by the way she raised her hand in the air, still holding the snitch, that she was really proud of herself. Hell, I was proud of her too.

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

(word count: 1072 Thank you to everyone who has read and voted! I've been working really hard so I hope you guys are enjoying it so far, this was sort of a long chapter so please let me know if you like this length or if you want the chapters to be shorter/longer. I appreciate the feedback! <3)