-new year, new problems-

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

-Your POV-

January, or as I like to call it, Act II of fourth year. We were already halfway through this eventful year. I wasn't complaining, I was having a (mostly) great fourth year. Every time I thought about everything that's happened, I smiled to myself. As much as I've loved the good things, there have been some not so great things, like the Tri-Wizard tournament. Nervewracking this bloody thing was, Harry had to participate in the next task in February which had only dawned on me was next month. I thought it was absolutely mad that they still made him participate but apparently "The Goblet can't be betrayed." if you ask me it was complete and total rubbish.

Besides me being pissed about the Tri-Wizard tournament, everything was going perfectly fine. Well...almost everything, I had been receiving multiple letters from my mother. She was inquiring about recent happenings in my life, and I guess I was being 87% truthful. I wasn't telling her about Ron, it wasn't that I was ashamed of him it's just that I know my parents wouldn't approve of me dating a Weasley. Let me just add that to the list of reasons why I should be annoyed by my parents.

It was lunch and I was poking at my cornish pasty with a fork. I was more or less terrified of telling my parents about Ron when I went back home for the summer. Ron had told Mrs.Weasley all about me so I already had an invitation to visit at the Burrow for the summer. I mean, of course, I wanted to go...but I don't think my parents would approve. My father had always spoken lowly of Mr.Weasley, he liked to say they were "below us" I didn't believe that for one second. Just because they don't share the same prejudiced views as my parents that somehow made us better than them? They were a pureblooded family through and through so I thought that might have made it better for my parents but it didn't.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It was nearing the end of the day and I was sitting by the fire in the Slytherin common room, Draco had been sitting in the chair across from me, reading The Daily Prophet.

"Y/N...I think you should see this..." he had a concerned look upon his face and handed me the paper. My eyes scanned the paper, I frowned at what I read.

Jacob and Cecilia Y/LN

Muggle Car Crash or Attack from Deatheaters?

Wednesday, 11 January 1995

Following up with recent investigations by the Ministry, and after multiple anonymous tips about the fate of the eldest Y/LN child and his wife, it has been discovered that this was in fact the doing of a small band of Deatheaters. Jacob did not have the Dark Mark, nor did Cecilia. Multiple muggles reported seeing a "mysterious shape in the sky" most of their descriptions fit that of the Dark Mark. This will not be taken lightly, we already have multiple Aurors working on this case. These dark wizards will be caught. Have no fear.

 Below the text, there was a picture of the two of them from their wedding day that made me tear up. I could hardly believe what I was reading. Why would Deatheaters have gone after my brother? He hadn't done anything that would have put him in danger, at least I don't think he did. He was a good person. I know he was. My thoughts had trailed off a bit, what would this mean for my family? How were my parents taking this?

Draco looked puzzled. "Why would they be after your family?" I handed the newspaper back to him and shrugged. I didn't really feel like talking anymore, I was staring at the fire, watching as the flames danced over the wood. I felt numb, I wiped away the tears that were falling and brought my knees up to my chest. I heard Draco sigh and stand up, he walked toward me and wrapped the blanket he has been using around my shoulders.

"Goodnight, Y/N. I'm really sorry." I know he cared but I really couldn't acknowledge him, my thoughts were racing. I had pulled the fleece blanket over me so that it covered the lower half of my nose. The only thing visible was my eyes. As the tears built up in my eyes, my vision started to blur. I blinked so that they would fall and I let out a quiet sob. I started to replay all the happy moments I've had for the past few weeks and I began to feel guilty. Should I be more disheartened by my recent loss? I had spent 2 weeks hiding away from the real world in the comfort of my dorm, I had cried until there were no tears left. Why wasn't that enough for me? I'm the happiest I've ever been and I feel like I don't deserve any of it. I don't deserve Ron. I don't deserve my friends. I had felt so guilty and I had no idea why. 

My head was spinning like a carousel. Slow and torturous, each thought would resurface, my heart had been etched with hope but all I really felt was guilt, but for what? I had done nothing wrong. My brother's death wasn't my fault, that was impossible. I suppose I felt guilty because I was afraid of putting Ron in danger. If I associate myself with him, I don't want to put him in danger, or any of my friends for that matter. What was I supposed to do? This was so much to deal with, so much to take in. Merlin, it was only the second week of January and there was already so much.

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 1028

(A/N: Hello loves! Thank you for 270 reads! I am overwhelmed by your love and support. I said I wouldn't update but I did, I kept this chapter short and to the point, don't worry, there'll be some longer chapters I have so so sooo much planned. Thank you to everyone. Please respond if there's anything specific you'd like me to include! I'm always open to suggestions and requests. <3 )