-late night talks-

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

-Your POV-

I ended up meeting with Draco and Hermione to head back to the castle. I knew they were on a date but I didn't want to risk walking alone. I explained the whole conversation to them while we walked and Hermione seemed really upset about it. I felt really bad about the whole thing and I honestly just wanted to cry, everything was so much to handle. Going out today was supposed to make me feel better...not worse. We had gotten back to the castle and we headed straight to the great hall for dinner, me and Draco headed to the Slytherin table and Hermione went to the Gryffindor table. We sat down and I thought I would have a little bit of an appetite but I just didn't seem to be hungry, my elbow rested on the table and I held my head up with my hand. As I was replaying the events in my mind, tears pricked at my eyes. Why did this happen?

I had let a few tears spill but I quickly wiped them away, it wasn't much help because they kept coming. I looked back at the Gryffindor table to see if Ron still looked upset but sure enough, he was talking with Lavender. I took a deep breath and sighed but that didn't stop the tears. I let out a sniffle and I felt Draco put his hand on my shoulder.

"You'll be alright, Y/N. He's just being a git." I know he was trying to comfort me but it didn't really help. I appreciated his attempts though. I just nodded.

"I'm going to bed" I sniffled and got up, exiting the great hall and making my way down to the dungeons. Maybe I could just sleep it off. I got through the common room and went to my dorm and flopped on my bed. Maybe it wasn't worth going out today, I was staring at the ceiling, not really crying anymore, just upset. Right as I was drifting off to sleep I hear something slide under the door. I got up and picked it up, it was a note. I heard a muffled voice behind the door, which I knew to be Draco.

"Hermione told me to give it to you." I could hear him walk away and I bent down to pick up the note, unfolding it, I read it under my breath.

Y/N,

I'm sorry, can we meet at the Astronomy Tower?

I just wanted to talk to you.

Tonight at 11pm?

-R.W.

11? That was way past curfew...but I did want to find out why he was being such a bloody git to me. I suppose my only option was to sneak out.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I had successfully snuck out of the Slytherin common room for the first time, I got a bit of adrenaline from that. I made my way up to the astronomy tower, still wearing my pajamas, I was starting to regret that decision because holy hell the castle gets cold at night. Ron wasn't there yet but I waited about 10 minutes until he came. He looked at me apologetically.

"Before you say anything, Y/N. I'm sorry about earlier, I overreacted and I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you." He looked like a sad puppy dog, it was adorable.

"It's okay, I'm sorry if I made you feel like I would be ashamed of you, that's not true at all. You know I'm not like that." I smiled at him. He went in for a hug and I hugged him back. He smelled like women's perfume...I could easily identify it as Lavender's since I know Ron doesn't wear ladies' perfume. I frowned but brushed it off, I just wanted to see him happy. We stopped hugging and sat down. We ended up talking for like two hours.

He told me how he asked out Lavender to the Yule Ball and I had to pretend like it didn't hurt. I didn't even mean to like him, it just sort of happened. I mean I've never felt this way with anyone before so I don't really know how to handle it but I think I'll talk to Draco about it. Ron and I decided it was getting really late and we both decided to head back to our respective common rooms. When I snuck back into the Slytherin common room, I saw Draco sitting at one of the tables working on some homework. He looked up at me and smirked.

"Where have you been? On a little midnight rendezvous with Weaselbee?"

"When you say it like that it sounds gross...but if you must know we were talking about what happened earlier, we both apologized. Then we ended up just talking about school and other stuff. He told me how he asked out Lavender for the ball..." I sighed and sat at the table, resting my head on my hand.

"So you like him, don't you?"

"Yeah...it's not like it matters though, he's asked Lavender Brown already." I frowned.

"That bloke is thick ain't he? I mean he probably chose Brown cause he felt like you didn't like him back. I can totally tell he likes you."

"I doubt it, he just has a naturally loving personality, I don't want to misconstrue our friendship as being romantic when it's definitely not. This week I'm just focused on beating Ravenclaw next Saturday." I let out an awkward chuckle and stood up.

"Goodnight, Draco. Thank you for listening to me." I smiled at him.

"Anything for a friend, Y/N. Goodnight." he smiled back.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The next couple of weeks seemed to fly by. Homework, quidditch, sleep, homework, test, quidditch, sleep. I felt like I was on a repeating cycle. It was the third week of November and more and more people were getting asked to the Yule Ball, it was only four weeks away, one month. I was still hoping someone would ask me out. I mean, I think I had the chance. Even if it wasn't with Ron, I still wanted the chance to dance the night away and wear a pretty dress. I guess I would just have to wait.

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 1039

A/N: 100 READS!? Thank you SO much to everyone! I'm so excited people are reading and enjoying it! I want to get out another 2 chapters today if I can :) I have so much planned for this story so I'm glad to see that everyone is enjoying it.