-christmas day-

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

-Ron's POV-

  It was Christmas morning and I had forgotten to wrap Y/N's gift so I was trying to wrap it as quickly as possible. I had thought back to what Mum had said in all the letters we had been sending back and forth. Every time I would get a letter, Harry would ask me who it was from, of course, I wouldn't lie about who, but it was kind of embarrassing. It was getting to the point where Mum and I would exchange at least two letters per day. Truthfully, I was asking her for advice about the situation I was in. Mum has never met Y/N but every time I mention her she acts like she's known her for years.

Harry had come back in after being in the common room.

"Are you almost ready Ron? We just snuck Y/N and Draco into the common room so we could all open presents together.", he sounded like a little boy with how excited he was.

"I just want to put a bow on it, it needs to look nice and I'm quite terrible at wrapping..." I looked at the poorly wrapped parcel, pursing my lips. "It'll have to do." I sighed and gathered all the gifts for everyone in my hands, including the ones from my mother. I then proceeded to make my way down to the common room.

There was quite a lot already waiting downstairs. I saw Hermione, Malfoy, Ginny, Harry, Fred, George, Neville, Y/N, and even Luna. I'm not sure how they snuck her in but they did.

"Good morning, everyone. Happy Christmas!" They all replied with 'good morning' and 'happy Christmas'. I saw that Ginny had left a spot open between her and Y/N so I went and sat over there.

Harry spoke up, "Well, now that we're all here let's open some presents shall we?" 

Instead of taking turns opening one present each, one person would open all their presents at the same time. We would all watch and it was quite cozy, the fire was lit and we were all still in our pajamas. The circle started with Harry, which meant it would end with Ginny. When it was about George's turn I felt Y/N rest her head upon my shoulder. Ginny must have noticed because she lightly elbowed me and smirked. I glared at her and then turned back to Y/N. I didn't exactly know what to do because I didn't exactly know what we were. I hadn't asked her to be my girlfriend. Was I supposed to? Is that a thing that you do?

I felt her wrap her arm around mine and I smiled to myself. About forty-five minutes passed and everyone had opened their presents. Mostly all my friends bought me a variety of sweets but Hermione bought me a really nice quill, and Y/N had bought me the comfiest green sweater. I hadn't given Y/N her gift yet because I sort of wanted it to be private, I thought it might be more special like that. We had all gotten up super early so we could open our presents and then head to breakfast. Everyone had put their stuff away and we all got ready for breakfast. I decided to change into my new sweater, Y/N was definitely a good gift-giver because this sweater was just as comfy as the one Mum had made for me.

We had all met downstairs to go to breakfast.

"You lot go on without us, me and Y/N will catch up.", I said to them.

Ginny turned around and wiggled her eyebrows at me, I responded with a glare. She laughed and turned back around, holding Harry's hand and leaving with the others. Y/N had turned to me with a puzzled look.

"Why did we stay behind?", she slightly tilted her head, sort of like dogs do when they're confused.

"Oh, I...uh...I wanted to give you your present." I smiled at her and handed her a small gift. I watched as her thin fingers untied the bow and carefully open the paper to reveal the small black velvet box. She opened and smiled, one of those contagious smiles, the type of smile that melted my heart. She had looked up at me, still smiling.