-yule ball-

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

-Your POV- 

  I was set to meet Fred in the corridor leading into the Great Hall in twenty minutes. I was just making sure everything was ready, my hair looked great, my dress was perfect, my makeup came out perfect, everything was perfect. I was really excited about this, Draco had already gone to pick up Hermione and I decided to make my way down to the corridor. I got to the corridor and saw Fred waiting for me, he smiled at me brightly and I must say he looked quite handsome. He was holding a white corsage with a small green ribbon on it, I made my way over to him and smiled back.

"Good Evening, Fred. You look quite handsome." I smiled at him again.

He smiled back, "Thank you, Y/N. You look breathtakingly gorgeous." He gently grabbed my hand and tied the corsage around my wrist. "There, it goes great with your dress." 

I held up my wrist and smiled, "It's beautiful." He held up his arm for me to take and I interlocked my arm with his. 

"Shall we?" He looked at me.

"We shall." I nodded and giggled.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

We had been dancing for maybe twenty minutes when they announced they'd be holding the Champions' dance. Fred and I sat at a table with  Hermione, Draco, Lavender, and Ron. Seeing as Harry was one of the champions he was on the dance floor with Ginny. Ron was sitting next to me and he glared at me.

"You're here....with my brother?", he sounded so far beyond annoyed and I found it extremely entertaining.

"Yes, I am. He asked me...so I said yes." I smiled to myself and looked down at my corsage.

"Well do you like him?" He raised a brow. I looked up at him.

"Would it matter?"....why did it matter to him?

"Well do you? I mean it doesn't matter to me but do you?" 

"Do I detect a hint of jealousy, Ronald?", I smirked at him.

"No, I just-"

"Well good, because Lavender seems to be feeling you up just fine while the two of you dance and no one felt the need to point that out." I scoffed, still keeping my voice low as to not cause a scene.

"That was an unnecessary thing to say, Y/N..."

"Unnecessary? What's unnecessary is your constant questioning of things that are none of your business. You're acting like you own me and I'm sick of it."  I didn't mean to sound like such a jerk but I did. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Fred.

"Yeah you're definitely a Slytherin," Ron muttered under his breath, but I still heard. He then got up with Lavender and walked away.

"Sorry about that, your brother is just being a right foul git.", I apologized, feeling terrible about the whole conversation.

"It's alright Y/N, the Champion's dance just ended. Care to dance?" He stood and held out his hand for me. I placed my hand in his and stood up, straightening my dress. All of the sudden, Fred pulled me closer until there was barely any room between us and he tucked a thin strand of my curled H/C hair behind my ear. He slightly bent his head down so he could whisper in my ear.

"Don't worry Y/N I don't like you like that. I'm just trying to piss off Ron." I stifled a laugh and he led me to the dance floor. I place my hand on his shoulder and he moved his hand to the small of my back, he held up his hand for me and I placed my hand in his to prepare for the beginning of the waltz. Fred was a great dancer, he led perfectly but he wasn't aggressive like a lot of guys, I enjoyed it. I was honestly having a great time with him, way better than I expected, that's for sure.