-seeker's tragedy-

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

-Your POV-

  Seeker.....I could get used to that. I was working on my potions homework in the great hall. We had just finished breakfast and while most kids went off to visit Hogsmeade on this gloomy Sunday,  I opted to stay in and finish this ridiculously long essay Professor Snape had assigned us. I've always been a fairly good student, I do my work and I hardly ever get in trouble. That's probably why Hermione and I got along so well. Just as I had started the last paragraph I was interrupted when a certain head of fiery-red hair sat across from me.

"Hello Miss Seeker" he smiled.

"Hiii Ron" I smiled back at him "What's up?"

"I just came over here to ask if you had a date for the Yule Ball yet, I mean it's like 2 1/2 months away but I figured someone might have already asked you...so I was just wondering."

I laughed at the way he jumbled over his words a bit and I also felt a faint blush creep upon my face. Did he want to ask me?

"I don't have a date yet, surprisingly all my friends do though"

"Oh, well I don't, I haven't decided who I'm going to ask yet. Maybe Lavender."

It hurt a little to hear him say that, it shouldn't it's not like I like him or anything...at least I don't think I do.

"Brown?" I tried to sound a little more confused but I just sounded hurt which didn't look good for the image I was trying to portray. "Why her?"

"Well...I mean she's nice, and I'm pretty sure she has a crush on me. Besides Y/N, why does it matter to you?" He asked me that in an almost concerned tone and there was the slightest glimmer of hope in his eyes like I might tell him I want him to take me instead of her. That wasn't the case, I certainly did not have a crush on Ron, he's my best friend. 

"Oh, no reason I've just never seen you guys together." 

"Yeah well that doesn't mean anything..." he sounded almost upset with me and I didn't do anything wrong?

I nodded and just continued working on my essay, it's not like I have time to be worrying about boys anyway, I have to focus on school, preparing for the OWLS, and my new position as the seeker. Our first game was Saturday and I need full focus.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

-Your POV-  time skip to Saturday 

 I was nervous about my first real game of quidditch but I was also fully prepared, Draco had been working with me and teaching me all his old tricks and for that, I was thankful because he knew some pretty useful stuff. So here we are, about to start...did I mention we're playing against Gryffindor today? No? Well, we are...which means I have to practically battle Harry for the snitch so that would be fun. We all got ready and the quaffle, bludgers, and the snitch were all released, signaling that the game had begun, as soon as I saw the snitch I lost it again. Damn, that thing was fast. I lost my focus for a split second and I saw Harry dive on his broom so I quickly followed, now I could see the snitch which meant I could chase it. I sped up just enough to pass up Harry, this thing was just flying circles around the perimeter of the quidditch pitch which was quite annoying but I was determined to do whatever it took to win. 

  Harry and I were chasing that damn thing for at least 20 minutes when at last the snitch decided to take a rest right in the middle of the field, this was my time to shine. From that point, everything seemed to move in slow motion, Harry was on the opposite side of the field and we both sped to the center to catch the snitch we were both holding our hands out and right as Harry almost had the snitch in his grasp he lost it as I grabbed it, losing my balance and falling off my broom, I was about 15 feet off the ground so it was not going to be a good fall but I held onto that snitch for dear life. Right as I hit the ground I rolled like an armadillo, but as soon as I was stable I held up the snitch and the crowd went wild. We won, I smiled to myself. A side note, my leg was in immense pain but I tried to ignore that.

"Slytherin wins!!!" they announced our triumph and I saw my teammates cheering.

Draco came over and kneeled next to me. "Oi, Y/N that was a nasty fall are you alright?"

I chuckled "I can't feel my leg...but other than that I'm alright"

He smiled at me "Alright let's get you to Madame Pomfrey's then" he then proceeded to pick me up which was quite embarrassing.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

  I don't exactly remember anything that happened after that, I just remember waking up in the hospital wing with a sore leg. Before I could even fully wake up, Madame Pomfrey was by my side.

"Oh good dear, you're awake. How are you feeling? You broke your leg but I used a couple of spells and fixed ya right up, but you might still be feeling quite a bit of pain." 

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Ron, like he was waiting for me or something.

"I feel a lot better Madame Pomfrey, my leg is still sore but nothing close to how it was before. Thank you." I smiled at her and she smiled back and nodded, making her way over to check on another student. I looked over at Ron and motioned for him to come over, he took a seat next to the hospital bed.

"I'm glad to see you're okay. I was quite worried if we're being honest." He awkwardly laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. That was adorable. In a friend way of course. All friends here. Yep, just...friends.

"I was worried too, I didn't want to have to miss any games" I laughed it off but Ron didn't seem too amused.

"'Really Y/N, you should be more careful-" Right as Ron was about to finish his sentence, Professor McGonagall burst in with a worried look on her face.  She came up to me and turned to Ron.

"Mr.Weasley could you leave Miss Y/LN and me for a moment it's very important."

Ron nodded and scurried off, not leaving the hospital wing, but getting away from the bed I was in. I sat up, a concerned look upon my face.

"What is it, Professor?"

"Miss Y/LN, I regret to inform you but your brother Jacob and his wife Cecilia...they have passed away...they were on a trip to the United States and they decided to go magic-free and they got into a horrible car accident. I'm so sorry dear. Your parents wish for you to stay here at the school, but you may be excused from your classes for the next week."

With every word she spoke, my heart sank a little more. The last time I had seen Jacob we had gotten into a terrible argument. I took a deep breath, still trying to take in the information.  McGonagall gave me a pitied look and walked away. I looked down at my hands, I wish I was dreaming...this can't be real.

Ron peaked out from behind the curtain and came over and sat on the bed next to me. I couldn't even look at him. I mean sure, my brother and I weren't that close but he's still family and I still loved him. I hadn't even realized I was crying until I was brought back to reality and I could hear myself sobbing. Ron reached over and held my hand, not saying anything, just holding my hand...how did that manage to make me feel even the slightest bit better? It really does hurt, like hell, but at least I'll have someone to help me through it. I gave Ron's hand a small squeeze as a way of thanking him.

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

word count: 1396

A/N: omg you guys! 23 reads already!? Thank you so much! Sorry for the sadness so early on but I plan on making this a long story and I don't want it to get boring. If you have any feedback please leave it in the comments. :)