four

F O U R

I wonder why I'm so afraid of saying something wrong, I never said I was a saint.

      LUKE PICKED UP HIS GUITAR from the floor. He felt confused as he sat down on his chair, staring at the empty room which was visible from his room.

Peyton was working at the coffee shop right now, so their crazy Sunday would have to wait until the end of her shift. He was fine with it, even though he wished for it to end quickly so he could spend time with her.

He turned the chair for it to face his desk, grabbing one of the pens in his Dodgers mug and opening his songbook on a new page, the possibilities of a new song appearing in front of him.

What should he write about?

Peyton.

No, he can't write about her. She would immediately know. He couldn't take any chances. He didn't want to take any chances.

Actually, he did want to. For a moment he imagined Peyton's reaction while listening to him sing to her the lyrics he wrote about how much he likes her. For a moment he imagined that exact situation, but agreed that it would end in disaster, that the consequences were to big for the bit of adrenaline it would give him.

So... what should he write about? He's written so many songs about his personal struggle that they have become his own personal mark. Like Taylor Swift has storytelling, he had struggle songs.

He didn't recall any recent love song.

He could make up a hypothetical girl, but that wouldn't sound as realistic as if it was about a real girl, but his love experience wasn't as extended as he seemed it to be.

There was just one girl in his mind and it was Peyton, and that freaked him out.

He has been crazy for her since the moment she first appeared in that window. They were just kids but he knew back then, that he wanted her in his life.

So many things have happened since and he doesn't know if he should do something about this one sided love he was experiencing. Or if he should stay quiet.

And there you have a song. As simple as that.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Luke arrived to the coffee shop just to see Alex and Reggie laying on the floor of the stage, setting a depressing mood on the cafeteria which wasn't even opened, yet still if it was, nobody would enter due to the lack of energy in the place.

"I know, nothing worst than a cafeteria at eleven am on a Sunday," said the owner of the cafeteria, Amanda, as he saw him enter, "this is how it looks like a bar at eleven am. What can I get you, Luke?"

"I'm going to see if the guys are alive," he let her know before walking towards the guys, clapping his hands and making them snap out of their thoughts. "I have a new song."

Alex and Reggie sat down on the edge of the stage while Luke sat on a chair, pulling out his acoustic from its case.

"It's called Wonder."