twenty seven

T W E N T Y S E V E N

you are my getaway, you are my favorite place
we put the world away. We get so disconnected

LUKE PLACED HIS HANDS ON HER WAIST AS HE CLOSED THE DOOR WITH HIS FOOT. Her lips tasted like that strawberry cheesecake she had a few minutes ago, and her hands felt cold against his skin due to the fact she had to reorganize his freezer.

She sat down on the bed and he leaned in, standing between her legs and placing his hands on her cheeks and his fingers between her hair.

"Peyton!? Is Luke up there!?" Yelled her mother from as she walked upstairs. Both broke apart their kiss, looking at the door.

"No!" She lied, making Luke chuckle.

"Pinocchio," he whispered before kissing her again softly.

"I'm coming in!"

Luke was quick to jump outside of the window, hiding. Her mother enter the room, looking around for him.

"He's not here, mom, what's up?" Peyton's mom closed the door as she walked into the room, holding a big brown envelope. "What's that?"

"It came in the mail today. Open it." Peyton raised an eyebrow, grabbing the envelope and opening it.

"It's from the Academy of Art in New York," Luke heard her girlfriend say. "We are please to inform you..."

"You got in!?" Screamed her mother jumping. That scream made Ella burst into the room.

"What happened? Who died? Did Luke Brandon get out of the screen? Because that man is my dream man." Peyton chuckled as her sister walked in. "What's that?"

"I got in to the academy," she replied with a smile. "I'm going to New York."

"Oh," her sister said, "congrats sis, you deserve it. Call me when Luke Brandon appears." And with that, Ella walked away of the room, making mother and daughter laugh.

"I'm happy for you, baby," she told her, kissing her cheek. "Tomorrow, you get pancakes for breakfast."

"Thanks mom," she thanked her.

Peyton's mom walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. When Luke heard the door, she walked into the room again, looking at her girlfriend with a tiny smile.

"You got it." She nodded.

"I got in," she repeated, leaving the letter on the side and standing up. "It's real now."

"Yeah, it's real now."

Both looked at each other for a few seconds. Luke leaned in slowly and kissed her cheek before turning around and walking to the window.

It was real.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Luke was in Julie's garage where he was currently sleeping at. He had his acoustic on his hand as he started strumming the melody of the song he was writing.