fifteen

F I F T E E N

I dedicate this song to you
the one who never sees the truth

        LUKE WASN'T THINKING STRAIGHT WHEN HE SHOWED UP AT THE GARAGE TWO HOURS AGO.

"You call me up, it's like a broken record. Saying that your heart hurts, that you'd never get over him getting over you. And you end up crying, and I end up lying. 'Cause I'm a sucker for anything you do."

He increased the rhythm of the guitar.

"And when the phone call finally ends, you say... you say "thanks for being a friend." He stuttered.

"Cut!" Exclaimed Flynn, stopping the recording. He stepped back from the microphone and took off the headphones. "Look... Phoebe can do a lot of magic, but if you mess up the lyrics—"

"I know, I know... let's just... can we... record it again? From the pre-chorus."

"Are you sure Luke?" Asked him Alex and he nodded. "This is your sixth try and you can even make it past the first verse."

"We can record another song if you want."

"No, guys," he said, exhaling. "You already recorded your part, I'm not gonna make you record again. Let's just... take it from the pre-chorus."

With not many intrusion, Peyton entered the garage and quickly stood next to Julie without making mayor sound. Only Julie noticed that she came in.

"How is it going?" She whispered to Julie and she exhaled.

"He can't make it past the first verse."

"Well that's odd... what song are you guys recording?"

Julie sighed. "Heartbreak Girl."

"Oh..." she whispered.

"And when the phone call finally ends. You say... thank— ugh! One more time, one more time, I promise."

"Take all the time you need," assured him, Reggie.

Luke glanced at his guitar before looking up, noticing Peyton was standing in the background of the garage. He quickly looked away, clearing his throat and starting to play.

"And when the phone call finally ends, you say "Thanks for being a friend." And we are going in circles again and again."

Alex raised his hands while the rest smiled, except Peyton, who felt her heart beating faster.

"I dedicate this song to you, the one who never sees the truth, that I can take away your hurt, Heartbreak girl." Reggie and Alex stood up, dancing. "Hold you tight straight through the daylight. I'm right here, when are you gonna realize that I'm your cure? Heartbreak girl."

Luke glanced over at her for a few seconds before looking in front of him.

"I bite my tongue, but I wanna scream out. You could be with me now. But I ended up telling you what you want to hear. But you're not ready, and it's so frustrating. He treats you so bad and I'm so good to you, it's not fair."