sixteen

S I X T E E N

You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
And I got that red lip, classic thing that you like

LUKE WAS HOLDING PEYTON'S HAND AS HE MADE HIS WAY THROUGH THE CROWD, SHE TRYING NOT TO SEPARATE FROM HIM.

"I see the guys," he let her know as he spoke to her ear, trying for her to hear him over the noise. She nodded, both walking towards the group. "Hey!"

"Luke!" Exclaimed Reggie, hugging his friend by the shoulders. "You won't believe what just happened."

"Well, I believe in fairies so I don't think there's anything I won't believe," he replied with a smile, waving to the rest of the guys. "What happened?"

"The new member of—"

"He'll tell you later! We have to go prepare backstage!" Interrupted Julie. "Don't you remember we go in like ten!? Let's go."

Reggie nodded as Alex grabbed his arm and dragged him backstage, Julie following them.

"I have to go. I'll see you later?" He said to Peyton and she nodded. "Oh! Could you please save me one of those mini pizzas I saw earlier? Or two!" Peyton chuckled. "Maybe three. Or you know what? Tell Flynn and both grab plates and serve as many as you can. After I perform I'll be really starving."

"Luke!" Yelled Julie, and the guy groaned, making Peyton chuckle.

"Just go. I'll get you your mini pizzas," she assured him and he nodded. He slowly leaned in, kissing her cheek before letting go off her hand and walking towards Julie, who was waiting for him.

Peyton turned around and walked towards Flynn and Willie. They were sitting on a couch with a view of the stage that Carrie assembled. She smiled to them and sat next to Willie.

"Hey guys," she greeted them and they smiled to her. "So, uhm... I'm kinds dating Luke? What do you guys have to tell?"

Willie and Flynn opened their eyes widely, looking at the girl.

"You are dating Luke!?" Exclaimed Willie.

"Tell me everything!" Yelled Flynn and Peyton chuckled.

"Well we aren't actually dating. We haven't decided yet. We haven't even kissed! He just... confessed that he liked me and I said I liked him back. We just stood there looking at each other like idiots for a hot minute before we went to our houses to get ready for the party. We haven't even discussed it, yet."

"That's... so cute. How did he confess?"

"He got so nervous he started making pop culture references that I didn't get. I got some of them, but there were others from black and white movies that I couldn't even begin to understand."

"Aw, I can't imagine it any other way," said Willie with a smile. "Hey, so... what are your costumes for Halloween?"

Peyton chuckled. "Luke want us to go as Johnny and Baby but I'm gonna try to convince him so we can go as Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince."

"Please! Please convince him!" Yelled Flynn. "I won't be able to handle watching Luke with a Johnny Castle hairstyle all night! Besides, a Taylor Swift themed costume? The taste girl!"