eleven

E L E V E N

He wanted her. She'd never tell
Secretly she wanted him as well

ALEX PLACED HIS HAND ON LUKE'S SHOULDER WHEN HE CAUGHT HIM STARING AT PEYTON. The drummer exhaled deeply before making Luke turn around and look at him.

"Luke, Lukey, Luke," he said, "you are my best friend in this life and in the next one. Some stories say that best friends stay together for more than 500 years and I truly believe that's our case..."

"That's sweet."

"And let me tell you, the rock music angels have given you and incredible talent. You have a beautiful voice that grew through the years we've been together and you have the gift to write songs that speak particularly in a deep emotional level that I find truly inspiring—"

Luke chuckled, almost blushing.

"That reached my heart. I don't know why you are saying this but... about the rock music angels... I believe in them. Hundred percent. I think mine is Freddy Mercury and he just gifted me with this unique talent—"

"That's why," Alex interrupted him, "I can't even comprehend why do you have the emotional intelligence of a street raccoon," finished insulting him the drummer, making Luke stop smiling.

"I knew you weren't nice just because... what do you mean with that?" He asked his best friend, crossing his arms still insulted by Alex's classic compliment then downfall.

"That girl over there accepted to be the manager of your band even though it now means that every five minutes she receives new emails, her house looks like the office of a manager about to give a promotion and her face hasn't looked this tired ever—"

"She still looks pretty though—"

"—and you still don't have the guts to ask her out."

"What am I supposed to say, Alex?" Luke questioned him before turning around to stare at his opened locker. "Hey, Peyton, I know this probably would ruin our twelve years of friendship, but I really got something to tell you. I—"

"You what?" Asked Peyton crossing his arms. Luke quickly turn around, scared for his life. "What do you have to tell me that would probably ruin our friendship, Patterson?"

"I-I... I sat in your office and pretended to be President of the galaxy while playing with your landline phone and your pink post it notes," he admitted quickly, surprising Alex.

"Oh, I know. My cellphone is connected to the landline. It records every time someone picks it up." Peyton played the recording to the guys.

"Hello, this is Luke Patterson, President of the Galaxy... I would like to speak to the President of the Universe... yes sir, I offer you... 5 kazillion dollars and you name me the universe king!"

"Ok, that's enough!" He exclaimed while Alex bursted out laughing. Luke jumped and reached the cellphone, pausing the recording. "That's invasion of privacy... it's a law. It's illegal what you are doing."

"It's my landline I use the app to record the phone calls I have with the labels in case I missed anything important. Give me my phone back, I want to speed forward to when your first order as king was that everyone should wear shirts that said "King Luke is the best" and how you explained your demand to Jimmy Fallon." Alex continued to laugh while Luke blushed. "Can't believe your fantasy is to be in the Tonight Show, your majesty."