seven

last chapter had a little bug just ignore it
don't mind my little a/n luv xx

S E V E N

You and I redefine being lovesick
Through it all, you could still make my heart skip

LUKE ALMOST JUMPED AT THE SOUND OF HIS PHONE RINGING. He opened his eyes to look at his best friend, who also fell asleep next to him.

"Peyton," he whispered. "Wake up."

"What?" She mumbled sleepily, so he kept trying to wake her up. "What?" She asked again.

"We fell asleep. We were supposed to open the coffee shop like an hour ago."

Peyton raised her head to look over to the entrance of the cafe, noticing how it still said CLOSED.

"Shoot," she whispered to herself, standing up from the table and walking towards the door. "I hate this!"

"You were the one who decided to take the early shift," he replied, looking at his phone. "It's 12 pm, three hours of business lost."

"There you go, it's open now. If my boss never finds out, we should be good," she said, sitting again next to him on the bench, placing her head on his shoulder and him placing his head on hers. "I'm sorry I woke you up early."

"I had to come here anyways," he said between yawns, closing his eyes. "I needed to prepare the stage for tonight's open mic as I promised to the boss." He glanced at her before burying his face on her hair, smelling the vanilla scent of this. "We shouldn't have stayed late last night."

"We had to!" She exclaimed. "We didn't spend the day together because you went on a date with Carrie and I had to tell you all about my evening. Besides, it was your idea to binge watch a season of Golden Girls."

"I never thought you'd agree," he exclaimed in a soft tone, "we stayed till six am and I told you to change shifts with Aura, but you never listen to me."

"I always listen to you. It's not my fault your ideas are dumb."

"If I had a penny for every time I come up with a brilliant idea that saves everyone's butts I would be a millionaire that drinks whiskey with Bill Gates on Thursday nights," he said to her before looking to his fingers. "I'm so tired!"

"Me too!" She yelled, hugging him. "Let's sleep a little more," she begged with her baby voice in his ear, melting him completely and making him notice how close he was from her, and now how he couldn't let her go.

But he had to. He had to forget about her. He had to forget her smile, her beautiful voice, how holding her in his arms felt like.

He didn't have to forget in that moment, though.

He hugged her tight as he felt her close her eyes. Her face was buried in the space between his shoulder and his neck, while her arms where wrapping him close to her.

"Just for a little bit..." he whispered, before opening his eyes again. "No, we can't... you have to attend clients and I have to set the stage."

"What clients? What stage?"

Their hug was interrupted by Luke's phone, which kept ringing.