nine

yeah same song again it's just my
favorite song and I would pay for them
to sing it
pls hear it when the guys perform
this song will be very important for the plot

N I N E

I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately. I'm tired of looking around rooms wondering what I gotta do

     IT WAS FUNNY HOW EVERYONE HAD THEIR MOUTHS WIDE OPEN as they saw this new band they've never heard before start the open mic event.

"They are so good," said Reggie under his breathe.

"All of the talent hunters seem impress with them," pointed out Julie, nodding with her head towards a table. The whole band and Peyton looked towards there, noticing how the Atlantic Records people were having a great time. "How are we going to top that?"

"Look, guys, you have the last performance. Everyone forgets the first one, the last one is what you need to be worried about. And that's you." Tried to cheer them up Peyton but it clearly wasn't working. "You guys are the showstopper."

"But our showstopper isn't as half as good as that," said Alex, and Sunset Curve again looked towards the rock band, who was carrying the whole audience. "What's in our setlist again?"

"Now or Never, Bright and we end with Wonder," replied Julie.

"That's not gonna make it," said Luke, making a step forward and turning around to look at the guys. "We have to do I Don't Want to Be." Alex scoffed while Reggie gasped. "It's a crowd pleaser."

Peyton raised her eyes as she hold on to her purse. She remembered that song very well. It was the song which made her realize she liked Luke for the first time.

"What's that song?" Asked Ella curious.

"It's the song that Luke wrote that... made us a band."

"Our first song... ever," added Alex. "We haven't played it in at least four years."

"But I bet you all remember it perfectly," said Luke.

"Even I do," said Julie, smiling, surprising the guys. "Remember when you guys made me a flash drive with the original version in like eighth grade? I couldn't stop playing it at my house. Everybody loves that song."

"I'm really curious to listen to this song now," commented Ella, making Peyton chuckle.

Luke got excited in just a second. "This is the song that made us a band. The original version. And with the piano it's going to sound amazing. Nirvana amazing."

"I'm on board, but you need to be the leading voice," said Julie, surprising the boys. "Don't get me wrong, I love being the lead singer, but that song was made for Luke's range. Literally, because he wrote it."

"Ok, I'm in," announced Reggie. "I've missed playing that song. Specially the original one."

"Me too," admitted Alex. "It's just a mix of pop and rock and we haven't played a song like that in a while. Count me in."