Chapter 30: moving forward

Bryn
-------
Khalil didn't want me going to the hotel by myself; he thinks I'm going to 'run away ' again. soon as we get in the room he starts talking. by the look on his face I can tell he's not playing with me. "Khalil, I don't want to talk about it. okay? I have had enough stress." I run my hands through my hair. " Nah , fuck that shit Bryn. Yo ass on games and shit. So you gone listen to what the fuck I'm bout to say. And if I ask you a question you gone answer. " I don't know what came over me but I started crying. I got up and slapped the shit out of Khalil. "YOURE NOT GONNA TALK TO ME LIKE That!" he shakes his head then gets up. "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" he looks back at me and walks over to the bed. " the reason I cried the last two nights is because of YOU! Reason I haven't been home in two days is because of YOU! Khalil you don't know how much pain you put me through!" Hot tears stream down my face and fall to my knees crying. Khalil picks me up putting me on his lap comforting me. "Bryn what did I do to you? You need to tell me so I can fix it baby." he wipes my tears." khalil ,promise to stop hurting me. Even if nothing is happening between you and Keisha , just stop talking to her. " he nods and kisses my forehead. "ight Bryn. I'm sorry if I'm hurting you or anything , baby just don't run away. You scared me, I thought I lost you." I straddle him and kiss his forehead. " soo, you trynna start something you can't finish ? " He smirks and picks me up on the bed. I nod my head in agreement and we go from there...

(That night)

"Mommy, mommy help me with homework." I nodded and grabbed tylens backpack to put on the table.

"What Ya need help with baby?" she smiled and handed me her cursive worksheet. "Ty, just trace the letters babe. See , look." I traced the first couple sets and then Tylen did the last two.

"Mommy... can you get me a puppy ?" I furrowed my eyebrows and smiled. "A puppy ? And who's gonna take care of it missy?" Tylen smiled and batted her eyebrows. " please ? I promise I'll take care of it mommy! " I gave into her cuteness, I swear she can get anything she wants by acting like that. " Fine, promise you won't tell daddy ? I'll tell him later babe. Ok?" Tylen goes to the family room and I turn on 'Yo Gabba Gabba' and she continues to color. "hey Ty , I'll be right back in going to get Madison and my phone babe, ok" I run up the steps quickly , I missed a step and fell. " OUCH! KHALIL!" I yell in pain. I have a bruised knee and a I think I broke my wrist. "Bryn what's wrong" soon as I tell him what happened; he bust out laughing. "ITS NOT FUNNY! I hurt myself." He continues to laugh and I begin to pout. " oww , khalil my wrist is bleeding." He takes my wrist and wipes the blood putting a band aid on it. " Bryn I think you broke your wrist..."." I WHAT?" I yell and look back at my wrist.

When we arrived at the hospital I waited for about thirty minutes and finally get called back. "Hello , Mrs. Collins. We are going to take a X-ray to see if you broke a bone, while my assistant is doing that would you mind telling me how this accident happened." I laughed and shook my head. " It's kind of embarrassing for a twenty three year old to do..." the doctor nods for me to continue. "I was running up stairs to get my baby, while that happened I missed a step and banged my arm against the wood. " the doctor giggled and so did Khalil. i glare at Khalil and he stops laughing. " Mrs.Collins , you are one clumsy women. Thank god you didn't have the baby with you." I nodded and waited for my X-ray. Aren't I off to a new good start ? ..