HOPE🖤💖🐯 Part 3

Chaeyoung's alone and sitting on the bed, inside her room when Jin and Jennie came to approach her.
Dr. Grey makes sure that the latter's fine, so they gave Chaeyoung her own room inside the facility.

"Dr. Grey explained why we're here" Jin

"And if my assumptions are correct... The reason why she borrowed us from the past is that we're no longer here in this timeline" Jennie

Chaeyoung sighs and avoids eye contact with any of them "You died"

Jin held Chaeyoung's shoulder "Don't tell us how..." Chaeyoung lifts her head and looks at her brother "It may be your past but it's Jennie and I's future... Something that is not meant to be known"

"So... What happened in there?" Chaeyoung

"With Dr. Grey? We agreed on helping them to navigate the machine" Jin

"You're gonna stay here?" Chaeyoung

Jennie nodded "For a while"

Chaeyoung immediately wraps her arms around Jennie's waist, and rests her head on the latter's tummy "I miss you unnie" she mumbles

Jennie smiles and caresses the latter's head, she's standing beside Chaeyoung "I'm glad to see you... I'm sure that Mom and Dad raised you well"

Chaeyoung sniffs and shook her head on the latter's tummy "They're not here too"

Jin and Jennie glance at each other "What do you mean" Jin asked

"You all died together" Chaeyoung replied, she was crying and buried her face on Jennie's stomach

~

"Did we just leave her alone?" Jennie exclaimed in frustration "No mommy, no daddy, we leave her all by herself"

Chaeyoung's already asleep, she got tired of crying. And now, her brother and sister are silently arguing.

"Jennie calm down" Jin

"She's alone!" Jennie said in anger "She's just a kid and we let her be alone"

"What do you wanna do? Change the past? Stay here with her?" Jin bitterly laughs "I don't wanna leave her either! But we can't stay here, and we can't change what has already happened... It's the rule of the universe..."

"Hyung we can't just leave her again" Jennie

"Jennie" Jin held the latter's shoulders "We can do nothing about it... But as long as we're here, we'll make sure that she won't feel alone... I'm guilty as well after learning that we left her just like that, and I want to make it up to her... We'll do that as long as we're here... But we can't stay here forever"

Jennie just stomped her feet in defeat and went to the bed to join Chaeyoung, she then hug the sleeping cub.

Jin just sighed, he knows that his decision is the right thing for all of them.

~~~

Just like the not-so-normal day for everyone, they're inside the laboratory again and discussing the time machine and the earth's condition

"The earth doesn't hate us... She just has to kill us in order to heal itself and survive" Jin squeeze Chaeyoung's hand, who's standing beside him "Because sometimes, the earth is better off without us"

"The environment doesn't belong to us, we belong to the environment... And just like any other species, the environment needs to kill in order to stay alive" Jennie added