Plans Afoot

Harry was woken up by a small hand prodding his back. He got up to see Dobby standing with a note. "Dobby is sorry to have disturbed Master Harry Potter's sleep", said Dobby.

"Nonsense Dobby, you are a welcome sight to the bareness here. I'm happy to see you" Harry replied with a big smile on his face which brought back the megawatt smile back to Dobby's face. He took the note wondering why Hermione wrote back so soon. He wasn't expecting a note till Wednesday night after next meeting with Dumbledore.

Harry,
I had another meeting with Daphne and one thing led to another and Sirius's name came up. I trusted her and told her of his innocence and the fact that he is both alive and prisoner in his own house. She mentioned that as chief warlock, Dumbledore has enough power to hold a trial for Sirius, which means he was lying when he said he couldn't do anything. She has told me she would make enquiries into the rat as well.

Since I came to know that Dumbledore is partly if not completely responsible for Sirius' illegal imprisonment, something doesn't sit right with me. I'm sending Dobby to keep an eye on the mutt and who is trying to control him.

Love,
Hermione.

P.S Try to find your magical core during meditation as I instructed earlier. Once that is done, you'll be able to complete Animagus transformation very soon. I'm almost there in finding my magical core.

P.P.S I have the handbook of Potter Grimoire. Will tell you the full story at a later date. Anything that I think you need to learn, I will send notes with Dobby.

Harry looked up at his elven friend and thanked him for the note. "Hermione says you are going to keep an eye on Sirius. Please keep yourself safe. That house sounds like a bad place from Hermione's notes. So is the house elf there. And get out of there if you think you are found".

"Yes, Master Harry Potter..."

"Just Harry Dobby, just Harry", stressed Harry.

"Master Harry, I will be careful and safe. Miss. Hermy has already told me all you said now", said Dobby.

Harry sighed. He knew he was never going to get the elf to call him Harry, but giving up was never in his nature. The two sat and chatted for another half an hour, when Dobby suddenly stiffened and disappeared.

The only reason Dobby would disappear like this was if the warden or dementors were coming their way. Not knowing whether Dobby has left or just disillusioned, he decided to carry his conversation to make sure the warden thinks he was losing his marbles.

"How has your day been Dobby?", he asked. After waiting for a couple of minutes filled with nodding of head, shaking it and a low whistle towards the end he spoke again. "So, you fancy Winky, huh? Nice one Dobby. Good for you. Make sure she doesn't drink as much butterbeer".

This time the wait was less, and he could see the warden standing at the door. Most prisoners lose their mind and there was no point for the warden in hiding to spy. "I get it Dobby, you have to go to the kitchens to work", he said. "I will take a nap so that I don't sleep in Snape's class".

He proceeded to lie down and started his meditation hoping the warden will leave soon. A full minute later he felt the same small hand on his shoulder.

"Master Harry, Dobby is sorry that he is still not able to make the elven magic work for Master to get alert when warden or dementy things are coming. Dobby is working hard and asking elder elves, but he is not getting any", said Dobby.

"That's alright Dobby, it's for the better. I will lie down and do meditation and sort my thoughts for most of the day. It is slowly improving my occlumency as well", said Harry.