Chapter 94

(No Control | Holding Me Ransom - 94 - Pages Between Us Written With No End)

The rest is just a blur. I don't really remember getting into the car, or fastening my seatbelt, or anything other than the screams filling the night air from the gaggle of fans outside Lagoon, and the feeling of reckless abandon and hysteria rising inside me as the car pulls away into the busy streets to take us home.

I laugh gleefully and exuberantly, leaning my head back and banging my hands on my thighs. Have we really just done that? Have we really just 'gone public'? It feels like a dream. Although that might be partly to do with the bottle of Dom Perignon.

Beside me, Jess is giddy and wild-eyed, her skin flushed and her mouth beaming.

"Fuck," I laugh. "Fuck!"

"I didn't think you'd do it," she gasps between laughs.

"I saw in your eyes you wanted me to kiss you," I explain. "It was a now-or-never moment. So I did it."

"I'm glad you did."

"Are you really?"

"Of course!"

I nod and take a deep breath, trying to calm the excitement inside.

"That's it now - we're officially public," Jess declares. "And it feels fucking amazing."

I reach across the seat and take her hand in mine.

"Damn right it does," I nod, also breathing hard.

"Congratulations, you two," Paul speaks up from the driver's seat. "For what it's worth, I'm really pleased for you both. Although I think you may have broken more than a few hearts tonight with that kiss, Harry."