Prologue

The war was over. The boy-who-lived won. The chosen one succeeded. He made history and people were celebrating his victory all over England. And yet, the war hero felt like dying. Whatever anyone said, he couldn't bring himself to be happy. Be happy about freeing the world of the darkest wizard that ever walked the earth. The wizard that killed his parents and tried to kill him even though he was only a baby. But the savior of the wizarding world could only think about his lost friends and classmates that died for him. For him to be able to save the world.

Harry Potter had always been a bright wizard, he had so much light in him it could make anyone blind. But the brightness had dimmed so much since the war, it was truly concerning. And nobody seemed to notice. Nobody noticed how he had stopped genuinely smiling, how he had stopped laughing, how he had stopped being happy. Nobody noticed that something had changed. Except Draco Malfoy.

Draco had noticed right away that something just wasn't right with the golden boy. He had spent so much time staring at him - never knowing that Harry was doing the same - for years that he could easily pinpoint when he was genuinely happy and when he was faking it. Draco was pretty miserable himself if he was being honest. His dark mark hurt him non-stop and was being itchy all the bloody time. A constant reminder of the struggle his life had become because of his father. Speaking of his father, Lucius Malfoy had found a way to avoid being sent straight to Azkaban and instead only had to pay 13 000 000 galleons in compensation and was in house arrest for only 4 months. The 4 months were coming to a close as Hogwarts made the 7th year students come back for an 8th year. The summer had been a nightmare for Draco who had to pull up with Lucius the whole time before finally escaping his claws -thanks to his mother- and going back to school. Which to be honest wasn't any better.

But luckily for both of them, fate always seemed to have something prepared specifically for them. For them to stay in each other's lives. What could it possibly be this time?