chapter 10

"guys this is beth, beth this is my team"

you were in complete shock, less than a week ago he was giving you the best night of your life and now he has a girlfriend. you did your best to keep your composure but you were in a room with some of the best profilers out there. you smiled and gave her a quick wave. she doesn't seem bad but it still stings, well it down right hurts.

while everyone is talking you stay quiet, your mind drifting back to that night. you feel a lump start to form in your throat and tear start pricking you eyes. you get up and push your chair out.

"excuse me ill be back" you say and walk away quickly.

you feel multiple sets of eyes on you but you ignore them and walk to the women's bathroom. once you get in the bathroom you let out a sob, feeling the tears stream down your cheeks. you continue to cry until you hear a knock on the door.

"y/n can i come in" you hear emily's voice on the other side of the door

"yeah" you say unevenly

emily walks in and stops in her tracks before coming to wrap you in a hug. you cry into her shoulder letting it all out. emily has been your friend since before you joined the bureau and she also knew how you felt about hotch and how much this hurt you. when your done crying, she releases your from her grip.

"tell me about it" she says

" when we were away on the case we did something" you pause for a second before continuing "we didn't have sex or anything but i think you know where this is headed"

she nods before letting you continue

"well fast forward to today, when i went to drop off paperwork he was saying that it shouldn't happen again and i know that it shouldnt happen again but then he brings beth and it just kind of makes me feel used you know" you say wiping that mascara streaks off of your face with a wet paper towel.

"oh y/n, im so sorry"

"its fine its not like i can go back and change what i did but we do need to get back out there" you say

"you promise your ok" she asks concerned

"yeah ill be fine, let's go" you say

you both walk out of the bathroom and walk back to the table and sit down.

"y/n, you ok" derek asks concern written all over his face

"im fine don't worry" you say smiling at him

you look over at aaron who's looking at you concerned, you break away from his gaze and start talking to spencer, jj, emily, penelope, and derek about your next "sleep over", while rossi, hotch and beth talk about whatever.

"so how about tonight since were all gonna be shit faced, emily and jj took an uber and y/n drove the rest of us here plus she lives like two blocks away from here so, what do you say y/n"

you were obviously going to say yes becuase they were your family and always managed to make you feel beter no matter what and it had also been 3 months since you all's last "sleep over".

"yeah, but yall cant get too hammered at the bar because yall are gonna be drunk without me and thats not fair, well all get shit faced together" you say making them all laugh

"fine" penny says letting out a sigh make you all burst out into laughter again

you all order your food, you get the chicken parm with white wine and for desert a dulce de leche cheesecake. when you all are finished you all argue with rossi on paying your portions of the bill but you guys dont win and he neds up paying anyways.