chapter 21

when you wake up the bed is empty, confused you get up and walk all around the house, there's no sign of aaron anywhere. you go back upstairs and check your phone, there were no messages from him.

you grab your phone and walk into the bathroom and start getting ready for the day. after you shower and brush your teeth you walk back into the bedroom and pick out your work clothes. you decide on a emerald green turtle neck and matching plaid green and red pants.

once you're dressed you walk into the bathroom again and do your make up. you put concealer under you eyes to cover up your eye bags, mascara and a little highlighter on the inner corner of your eyes. when you were finished you lightly curled your hair and walked back out of the bathroom.

you grabbed your black red bottoms that you bought yourself for christmas last year and put them on. you put on a few gold necklaces along with your small gold hoops. you grabbed your fathers gold watch that he gave your before he died and put it on making sure it was secure around your wrist.

once you're satisfied you grab your purse, keys and phone and walk out of the house locking it up. you walk to your car unlocking it and get it, you start in and the first song that comes on is frozen by sabrina claudio.

on your journey to work you listen to most of her songs and sing your heart out, you went to one of her concerts with emily and derek. you could swear derek fell in love that night, he looked so mesmerized.

when you get to headquarters you park your car and get out locking it. you walked into the building heading straight for the elevator, when you get in no one other than erin strauss is in the elevator.

"ma'am" you say

"agent" she says "i never got to talk to you and aaron after that case but i heard you caught him... twice, job well done y/l/n" she says giving you a nod

"thank you ma'am" you say giving her a small smile

when you reach the sixth floor you both walk out and go your separate ways. you walk through the glass door and walk to your desk.

"guys christmas just walked in" derek says laughing causing the rest of the team to laugh with him

"hardy har har, at least my ass looks good in these pants" you say giving him a smirk while putting your stuff on your desk

"little flirtatious are we" he says sitting down on your desk

"not flirtatious just speaking the truth" you say looking at him

"well in that case you're right" he says smiling

you dramatically gasp placing your hand on your chest "you naughty boy" you say making derek laugh

"guys we have a case" hotch says walking out of his office

you all walk into the conference room and you all take your seats at the round table.

"garcia go ahead" hotch says

"sacramento pd asked us to help, six children have gone missing, dylan maxwell, 9, and giana williams,7, are the latest to go missing. the bodies of tommy stewart and lena stevens were found after both abductions, but the thing is both bodies were dumped in different places"

"it has to be a forensic counter measure, why would the unsub put the two victims at different dump sites unless it was to cover his tracks or throw us off" you say looking up from the file

"i agree with y/n" spencer says " giana and dylan live in the same neighborhood, both dump sites are significantly father away from each other and the crime scene" he says looking at everyone

"how many registered sex offenders are in the area" emily asks

"3,565" reid says

"jesus" you mother under your breath

"any suspects" jj asks

"none" garcia's says

" and that's why they called us in, wheels up now"

you all file out of the room into the bullpen, you grab your go-bag and your purse and walk out of the bau.

you make your way to the jet, when you board the jet you notice hotch sitting by himself. you walk over to him and put your bag in the compartment before sitting next to him.

"hey" you say looking at him

"hi" he says not looking a you

you gently grab his cheek making him look at you "what's wrong" you ask

you can see that he is conflicted between telling you and keeping it to himself, you look past him and through the window you see the team coming, you remove your hand from his cheek and look at him "we'll talk later" you say softly

"ok" he says softly

you both go back into your professional mode before the team walks in. everyone sits down and either tries to get some shut eye or relax before the case.

you grab your airpods handing one to hotch, he takes it and puts it in his ear. you play here comes the sun bye the beetles, it was the first song that you guys listened to when this whole thing started. you look up at him and notice the smile on his face and you smile to your before drifting off to sleep.

you wake up in a warehouse, you hear the screams of children in the background. you get up and walk down the dim lit hallways and see a little girl standing there, willow, you also see an man behind her. he pointing a gun into her back, you can see the fear in her eyes, she's doesn't want to die.

"willow look at me, focus on me" you say looking at her seeing the tears stream down her face

"i don't wanna die" she says letting out a sob

"it's ok you're gonna live willow i promise" you say feeling a lump build in your throat "let her go, please me for her" you say your voice wavering

"are you sure" he says giving you a creepy smirk

"yes now please let her go" you plead with him

he lets her go and as she runs to you he pulls the trigger, the bullet going straight through willow chest.

"NO" you scream running towards her catching her before she reaches the ground

"i'm so sorry willow, i'm so so sorry" you say moving her hair out of her face

"i-i forg-"

"shhh shhh please don't try and talk right now" you say caressing her head

you feel her breathing slow before it stops completely. you let out a sob feeling your heart shatter into a million peices.

you jolt out of your seat feeling sweat cover your whole body. you feel the tears start to well up in your eyes.

you see the team looking at you with concern, "i'm sorry if you'll excuse me", you say before you walk into the bathroom, you lock the door behind you and cover your mouth letting out a sob.

you had a really bad feeling about this case, you didn't know why but you did and you hoped it didn't end up in another child losing their life.

____________________
hi guys

i cried writing this because, well you'll see why. we have nine more chapters to go before the end of this book, it's so said ending this fic but all good things must come to an end. i wanted to say thank your for over 20k reads that shits crazy, i can not express how much i love you guys. i really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :))))

xx
brielle