Part ten

You and Reid are at the precinct attempting to trace the geographic profile.

"Ok so all the victims were taken in this 5 mile radius, right?" you ask Spencer and notice that Hotch has entered the room "our unsub is beating this officers up pretty bad, he must take them somewhere"

"But how does he get the to this location? All these officers could put up a big fight" Spencer licks his lip in deep thought

"Maybe he approaches them from behind? Or he doesn't look like a threat" you sight "either way he has to be strong."

"I think the profile is ready, Hotch" he is taken by surprise to see that you are speaking to him again.

"We are looking for a strong male, between the ages of 35 and 40. The intense violence suggest a recent trauma, probably involving someone in law enforcement, he is also very observant and he is patient enough to wait until there are no witnesses."

"He is extremely smart so we would like to remind all of you to be extra careful and watch your backs. Until we can catch this guy every cop in this city is in danger." Hotch warns and everyone goes back to their assignments "y/n, can we talk real quick?"

You nod and walk by his side, into the street. He doesn't say a word until he sits with you inside a coffee shop, ordering you both a beverage.  You stare into his dark eyes you want him so bad, your mind travels back to every night you spent together, every morning you woke up in his arms, you shiver remembering how his touch made every inch of you body feel on fire.

"I was never going to call her you know?" Aaron finally breaks the silence "the detective, I told her I wasn't interested. Just thought you should know" he reaches for your hand and you relax with his touch "Can you please reconsider. The time we spent together was like nothing I had ever experienced, I know we shouldn't but I am so attracted to you, I've always been attracted to you."

You want to give in, pull him closer and kiss him, but that would mean letting him in. You couldn't do that, you couldn't get hurt again your eyes begin to water, already regretting the words you are about to speak. The truth was what you felt for Aaron was too much, too strong, too real and you were scared. So very scared.

"Aaron, this is hard enough as it is. Please do not make it worse, I am trying my best to ignore what happened and maintain a healthy work relation between us, I ask you to do the same." his eyes beg you to take all you've said back but you don't. You close your eyes and let the tears fall, his hands cup your cheeks wiping them away "go, we need to catch a killer" he hesitates "I'll follow you in a sec"

You just stay there, crying in public, how pathetic. After a while you get up walking back to the station, that's when you notice someone following you. You reach for your gun and point at him, but before you dial Hotch's number and tuck your phone into your pants waistband.

"FBI, hands where I can see them" you look at the man staring at you, your body freezes, even though you had no idea what he looked like, you instantly knew this was your unsub. You secretly prayed that Aaron would understand what was going on "why were you following me?"

"Sorry Agent, I never meant to scare you" he says, an evil grin on his face that makes your insides twist

"You are coming with me" you reach for you handcuffs "turn around"

He laughs but doesn't oppose, as you are cuffing him someone grabs you from behind, pressing a cloth on your mouth and nose, you try and fight it but the drug is already making you dizzy. You scream and kick but all of it is worthless, your own body betrays you and the world goes black.

3rd PESON POV

"Y/n" Hotch answers the phone only to hear y/n speak to someone else.

"FBI, hands where I can see them"

"why were you following me?"

Aaron's body tenses up "y/n" he calls her name but there's no answer

"Sorry Agent, I never meant to scare you" there is something unsettling about the way this man speaks, Aaron gestures for the team to come closer and puts the call on speaker.

"You are coming with me" they hear the metal sound of handcuffs "turn around"

They can hear the man's laugh but the next series of events made their bodies tense up. They can hear some sort of struggle and then y/n screaming and then silence. Failed call the phone screen shows

"The unsub's got y/n" Hotch slamming his fist on the table "get Garcia to track her phone FAST"

Y/N POV

You head feels like it's going to explode as you open your eyes trying to get used to the lighting

"Well hello there Agent y/l/n" the man waves your badge in front of your face. You roll your eyes, that's when you see another man standing in the corner. You try and move but you can't, you kick and shake your arms but your tied up tightly.

"We got a feisty one" he laughs "truth be told, I am flattered to have FBI after me." he brings his face close to yours and you hit his nose with your head

"Fuck you" you spit out

3rd PERSON POV

"We just got a hit on the prints recovered from y/n's phone"

"Brian Johnson, he's 38, did some time for armed robbery got out of prison a few months ago to find out his wife and 3 year old son died in a police operation in the neighborhood they lived in." Garcia says through the phone

"Do you have an address baby girl?"

"Already sent it to you guys"

Morgan, Hotch and Prentiss inside the SUV and raids the man's apartment. It was empty, the whole team sighs in frustration.

"The apartment is empty" Morgan says on the phone with Reid

"There is nothing else listed on his name Morgan"

Hotch feels enraged, the longer they take, the more y/n gets hurt.