A kiss on the cheek (Maddie x Sprigs' sister Reader)

A request from lonehunter2597
🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Idea: the reader and Maddie are friends who like playing around with magic and curses. One day a when hanging out a few feelings are shared.

———————————————————

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
'YOU CANT CATCH ME, NA NA NA NA NA NA' Man I love playing tongue tag in Hop Pop's study, the obstacles are fun. 'Anne hurry up, Sprig's right behind you!'

'Get back here!' Sprig calls out as he tries to catch me, Anne and Polly.

I look up at the clock and realise that I'm late for my meetup with Maddie.
'Hold up guys, I gotta bounce'.

'Aww come on dude, you sure you can't keep playing?'

'Sorry Anne but I'm already late as it is'

'Late for what exactly? You keep disappearing for hours and no one knows where you go' Polly inquires.

'Just meeting up with a friend' when I say the word friend I smile as I think about her.

'Yo sis, you there?' Sprig says waving his hand in front of my face.

'Amphibia to (Y/N)' Anne tries to gain my attention.

'Y-yeah I'm here' I can just feel my face going bright red and I go even more red when I notice the smirk on Anne's face.

'Ok, ok I'm picking up what you're putting down, have fun with your 'friend' dude'.

'Hehe' I feel a bead of sweat roll down my face. 'OK BYE!' I say quickly as I rush out the front door.

———————————————————

I finally arrive at the bakery and see Maddie standing at the front door. She notices me and smiles. Seeing her smiling makes me want to smile.

'Hey Maddie, sorry I'm late I kinda lost track of time'.

'That's ok, it's good that you're here now. Wanna go?'

'Yeah let's go'

Maddie then grabs my hand, causing my face to go redder than my natural red skin tone and pulls me along with her as we enter the woods. After a few minutes of walking we reach our special spot. Me and Maddie sit down next to each other as she pulls out a bunch of ingredients.

'So what are we gonna do today Maddie?' I ask rubbing my hands together in anticipation.

'Calm down nothing too exciting just some simple curses like sticky skin and blue tongue'. She responds

'Aww come on, why are we going back to the boring stuff' I whine.

'Because last time we were practicing you cursed yourself with frog throat and you couldn't leave your bed for over a week.

I cross my arms and grumble, again going bright red from embarrassing memory. 'Fine...'

'Look (Y/N) you're still new to curses and I just don't want you to get hurt ok?' Maddie says putting a hand on my shoulder.

I give a little chuckle. 'Yeah ok' I look her in her eye. 'Thanks Maddie'.

'For what?'

'Everything I guess... you've been helping me with learning magic, you've always helped me with everything else and you've even helped my brother and Anne as well'. 'You're an awesome person and I admire how you're able to be yourself so uh yeah, thank you'.

I look up and see that Maddie has a bit of a blush on her face. 'Oh frog, did I say too much, was I too weird, uhrg I'm such an idiot'.

'Thanks for that (Y/N), you're pretty cool too'.

Me and Maddie both had a blush on our face. We sat there staring at each other for a little while until Maddie broke the silence.

'Right... soooo.....'

'R-right, back to the curses'

———————————————————
Small time skip
———————————————————

'Aaaand.... there, done' I say placing both my hands on my hips with a proud smile.

'Yeah good job (Y/N)' Maddie complimented.

'I am so gonna use these on Anne and my siblings next time they prank me' my comment was met by an annoyed glare and head shake from Maddie. 'Yeah, Yeah, no cursing people unless they really deserve it' I say as I cross my arms and grumble.

'Exactly' Maddie confirms.

'Just one little curse on Sprig' I try to negotiate.

'Not a chance' Maddie says with a smile.

'Eh, worth a shot' I say as I shrug my shoulders.

Maddie then starts to laugh and hearing her laugh makes me start laughing too. After we calm down we spend an hour or so just taking about stuff until it starts to get dark.

'Hey Maddie it's getting pretty dark we should probably get back'.

'Yeah ok lets go' Maddie says as she stands up and offers me a hand.

I took her hand and we headed back to the town. A few minutes pasted as we arrived back at the bakery.

'Well goodnight (Y/N)' Maddie says.

'Y-yeah goodnight' I'm staring at my hand in hers. I really need to stop blushing.

What happened next left me completely speechless. All in the same second Maddie gave me a kiss on the cheek and ran inside her house. I brought my hand up to the cheek she had kissed and made a vow. 'I don't care what Hop Pop says, I am never washing this cheek again'. I then walk back to my house, the stupid grin never leaving my face.

———————————————————

Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter and I hope everyone is having an awesome day. Bye 😁