FIVE

this chapter's a little short, but I'll make it up to y'all later :)

"Owen's mother's death left him with severe issues of abandonment," Spencer says as he walks toward Hotch and Prentiss at the corkboard

"Owen's mother's death left him with severe issues of abandonment," Spencer says as he walks toward Hotch and Prentiss at the corkboard. Derek and Y/n trail behind him, and all three of them stop in front of the board. "If we can get Jordan away from him, we'll save her and take away his reason to live."

"He'll take his own life," Hotch mutters.

"It's the only way we can save Jordan," Y/n replies, her eyes flashing over to Spencer.

Spencer bites the inside of his cheek, too embarrassed to look her in the eye. He isn't sure if she heard him tell Derek the story, but the way she'd looked at him when she entered the room afterwards made it clear she had heard something.

"How can we get her to leave him?" Hotch asks, arms crossed in front of him.

"He's kept Jordan in the dark," Spencer replies. "She doesn't know about the murders."

"You want to tell her?"

"If we can," Y/n says, tilting her head.

"We can get her to turn herself in," Prentiss finally speaks.

"But even if we could talk to her, the only person she trusts is Owen."

"There's one other person," Prentiss says, narrowing her eyes as she thinks. "Her best friend. Eileen."

Hotch nods, and Prentiss walks by the group, grabbing JJ on her way out. Spencer watches them leave before looking at Y/n for a brief moment, their eyes meeting. He averts his gaze, embarrassment still coursing through his veins. He looks over at Hotch, giving the group a nod.

"Let's go with them."

•••

Walking through the threshold of Eileen's room, Spencer looks around. Pink bedspread, pink landline by her bed. A small laptop on her desk, posters on the wall. He follows Hotch to the laptop, glancing down at the screen. He moves to sit at the desk, Hotch watching him over his shoulder.

"Send her the news coverage."

"Tell her to look at the pictures. Tell her we know Owen didn't tell her what he did," Prentiss says, leaning one hand against the desk.

Spencer nods, attaching the link of the news coverage to a text and writing the message before hitting the send button. After a few moments, a message pops up on the screen.

It's a lie. You are liars.

"Send her the MPEG." Spencer looks up at Hotch, confusion and worry etched on his face. "Reid. Do it."

"Tell her, when the police come for you, Owen will kill you and kill himself."

Unwillingly, Spencer attaches the MPEG to a text, writing the gruesome message, hesitating a moment before hitting the send button. A few moments pass before she types back.