TWENTY SEVEN

warnings: mentions of drug abuse/addiction, light choking, light spanking

Spencer balances the small cake in one hand, knocking on Y/n's door with the other three times

Spencer balances the small cake in one hand, knocking on Y/n's door with the other three times. A stupid grin is plastered to his face, and he rocks back and forth on his heels, waiting for her to answer the door. After a few moments, she opens it, a small smile on her face as she looks at Spencer.

"Hey!" He says, grinning at her.

"Is that a cake?" She asks, her smile growing wider.

"It is," he replies, glancing down at the small cake in his hands. "Can I come in?"

She nods, opening the door wider so he can walk inside her apartment. He crosses over to the kitchen, setting the cake on the counter. She slowly makes her way over to him, pushing her sweater sleeves up her arms.

"What's it for?" She asks, leaning against the counter opposite of him.

He gives a small smile, closing the small distance between them. He places his hands on her hips, moving around to her back. "Today, you're two months clean from alcohol and one month clean from hydrocodone. And I am very proud of you."

Her hands run up the front of his sweater to his shoulders. She meets his eyes, her lips turning up at the corners. "You remembered?"

"Of course I did," he says, nodding. "You're doing so well. I'm so proud of you." Spencer practically beams down at her, his thumbs rubbing small circles into her back.

Her smile grows wider, and she wraps her arms around his neck. "Thank you." Her voice is quiet. "For everything."

His eyes search hers, and he leans down, pressing his lips softly against hers. She kisses him back, her fingers tangling in his hair. Their lips move slowly against one another's, and after a moment, Spencer pulls back, resting his forehead on hers.

"Do you want some cake?" He whispers, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Please."

He laughs, pulling away from her. He turns to the cake, pulling open the plastic covering. He had gotten her favorite—vanilla cake with strawberry icing. From Publix. She had told him about it a couple months ago during a random conversation the two of them had been having. So, he'd gone to Publix earlier in the day and gotten one for her.

"Here," she says, handing him a knife so he could cut the cake.

"Thanks," he says, taking the knife from her.

He hears the clink of small plates, and Spencer cuts her a piece of the cake. He places the piece on the plate she'd sat next to him, and she takes it.

"You better eat one, too," she says, grinning as she pops a spoonful of cake in her mouth.

"Fine," he mutters, smiling to himself as he cuts himself a small piece of cake.