SEVEN

"Reid? You okay?"

"Reid? You okay?"

Spencer glances up from his desk, eyes landing on Prentiss. He gives a small nod. "Mhm. I'm just tired. Haven't really been sleeping well."

"How come?"

Spencer shrugs. "I'm not quite sure."

He's lying, of course. He knows exactly what it is—a mixture of inevitable loneliness and a craving for Dilaudid. Both of those mixed with thoughts of Y/n make for a dangerous combination.

"Well come on, JJ has a new case to present." Prentiss offers him a small smile, and he returns it, standing from his desk. He grabs his notepad and pen, tucking them under his arm as he walks into the room.

He takes a seat next to Morgan, Y/n sitting across from him, passing the short moments by drawing something on the notepad. As JJ and Prentiss walk in, he lifts his head up, briefly meeting Y/n's eyes before turning to JJ.

"Where's mom and dad?" Morgan asks.

"Hotch and Rossi are still at the seminar in Boston. We shouldn't wait on this."

"JJ pulled me in early, I agree." Prentiss leans back in her chair.

"This is Keri Derzmond." A picture of Keri flashes on the screen, and Spencer rubs his hand across his eyes before focusing on it. "Two years ago in Atlanta, she started receiving anonymous notes that meticulously described her whereabouts through the day. Local authorities never found out who was responsible. Recently, she moved to Maryland, brought the stalker with her."

"They think it's the same person?" Y/n asks, glancing at JJ.

"He included photographs of himself," Prentiss replies.

The pictures on the screen change, and Spencer's eyes flick from Y/n back to the screen. They're pictures of...his body. Arms, neck, chest. Incredibly fucking creepy.

"None of his face." Spencer taps the pen against his notepad. "That's very telling. He's either trying to protect his identity or he has self-image issues. He's controlling the parts of the body that he shows to her."

Prentiss nods. "He writes to Keri in these letters about their 'future' together—having kids, growing old. He believes Keri is in love with him and just doesn't know it yet."

"Okay, so the guy's clearly delusional," Morgan states. "But what makes this a BAU case?"

"He is so obsessed that he tracked her over six-hundred miles away," Y/n mutters, scratching at the fabric of the long-sleeve gray button up.

"That is unusual," Spencer agrees, giving Y/n a small smile. "Typically, a stalker will change his focus to another woman if the object of his affection moves away."

"I mean, I get that, and he's way past the first level of escalation, but...still."

"When Keri received the first letter in Maryland, she went to the locals for protection. They told her they couldn't help her. This woman is in serious danger." Prentiss looks at Morgan, trying to get him to understand.