TWELVE

warnings: mentions of drug addiction, depictions of drug abuse scars, mentions of drugs

Spencer pulls his laundry out of the dryer, wrapping his arms around the warm clothes and walking to his bed, letting the clothes fall onto the comforter

Spencer pulls his laundry out of the dryer, wrapping his arms around the warm clothes and walking to his bed, letting the clothes fall onto the comforter. Humming to himself, he starts folding the clothes, separating his work clothes from his regular. He hangs up his button ups before moving to his sweaters, folding them neatly and sliding them in his second drawer. He folds his pants next, putting them in his third dresser drawer. Boxers and socks are last, pairing the mismatched socks together before shoving it all in his top drawer.

Saturdays are laundry days. That's Spencer's schedule—and he keeps to it pretty consistently. Saturdays, he wakes up, drinks his coffee, cleans his small apartment, and does laundry. He usually breaks for lunch and ends up getting Thai or Indian delivered. Today, it was Thai. But he'd spent all day cleaning, which is nice. He likes clean.

Yawning softly, he walks into his kitchen. He's been wearing pajamas all day—a pair of purple dinosaur pajama pants and an old graphic tee. He puts his dishes in the dishwasher before pulling out a bowl and scooping his leftover pad Thai into it. He heats it up, his thoughts occasionally flicking to Y/n.

It's been about a week since he'd gone to her apartment. The team had been pulled away on a quick case, and they'd returned a couple days ago. Y/n wasn't avoiding him, per say, but she definitely wasn't going out of her way to talk to him. And Spencer understands, but he worries about her all the same. She's getting worse.

The microwave beeping pulls Spencer out of his thoughts, and he grabs the bowl, digging into his leftovers. He wanders to his couch, sitting on it crisscross as he eats. He glances around his dim apartment, looking at the bookcase. He'll have to do some reading later. There are a few books he's been wanting to read, but procrastinating.

A knock on his door almost makes him jump out of his skin. Scrunching his brows, he stands up, bowl of pad Thai still in his hand. He unlocks his door before opening it, utterly surprised to see Y/n standing at his door.

The surprise quickly fades when he realizes she's high. She has a wide smile slapped on her face; her pupils constricted. Her face is also flushed, and she looks up at Spencer.

"Hi." A soft giggle leaves her lips.

"Hi," Spencer replies slowly, his brows still scrunched together. "Are you okay?"

"Of course I'm okay, silly," she laughs, giving his shoulder a soft punch. "I came to see how you're doing."

"O-Oh, I'm okay," Spencer stammers. He tilts his head as he looks at her. She's obviously in a state of euphoria right now, more relaxed than he's seen her since she came to the BAU. "Do you want to come in?"

She nods. "Mhm." She brushes past him, gripping his wrist and pulling him inside his own apartment.

Spencer kicks the door shut, and eventually she releases his wrist. He's still clutching the pad Thai, and she looks around his apartment, blinking heavily. He shoves a spoonful of pad Thai into his mouth, chewing slowly as she walks over to his bookshelf, fingers trailing along the spines of the books.