TWENTY FIVE

warnings: mentions of drug addiction/abuse
don't take what Spencer says about God too offensively, he just doesn't believe in it. So people who do believe in God, don't take too much offense, okay :)

 "Do you really believe in all that psychic crap?" Prentiss asks, leaning back in her seat on the jet

JJ nods. "Yeah, I do."

The team had caught the unsub—a young boy who was kidnapping and embalming girls because the woman he loved, Abby, had died suddenly in her twenties. JJ, in her good faith, had trusted a psychic in helping them catch the unsub. He had said something along the lines of a rocky shore when telling JJ where the unsub was, and in reality, he wasn't too far off from being correct.

"I think it's all shit," Morgan mutters, raising his eyebrows. "I just think some people want to be the center of attention all the time."

Spencer laughs, leaning back in his seat. "Morgan doesn't believe in anything."

"Except God," he murmurs.

"Like I said, he doesn't believe in anything," Spencer fires back.

"I believe in psychics," Y/n pipes up next to Spencer. He turns his head toward her, watching her tap her fingers on the armrest. "I think the universe is trying to send us signs all the time. We just have to want to listen." She shrugs, glancing at Prentiss. "I like to believe people are just...more in touch with the universe than we are."

Prentiss groans. "Next you're going to tell me that you think free will doesn't exist."

"It doesn't," Spencer and Y/n say at the same time. They turn toward each other, a half-smile on both their faces.

"Scientifically, our brain knows the choices we're going to make milliseconds before our body registers it," Spencer explains, looking at Prentiss. "There've been studies on it."

Y/n nods. "Plus, if free will did exist, we'd have to be consciously aware of every thought that goes through our brain all the time, both conscious and subconsciously. That's not possible." She shrugs, glancing back over at Spencer.

Yeah, her being that smart shouldn't be as attractive to Spencer as it is.

Prentiss looks at the two of them, mouth hanging open. JJ laughs at her reaction, shaking her head as she leans her head back onto the headrest. Hotch and Rossi have been oddly quiet—both of them engaged in conversation toward the back of the jet. Y/n leans back in her seat, and Spencer finds her hand under the table, lacing their fingers together.

The jet would probably land at Quantico in about 3 hours—around 9 PM. Y/n closes her eyes, and she scoots closer to Spencer, resting her head on his shoulder. Spencer smiles to himself, rubbing his thumb along hers in a comforting gesture. He rests his head on the headrest of the seat, staring out the window as the jet flies through the air.