EIGHT

"There aren't any vans in Georgia that have been transferred to Maryland, so I am sending you registrations and IDs for both states

"There aren't any vans in Georgia that have been transferred to Maryland, so I am sending you registrations and IDs for both states. Pictures coming atcha."

"Let's start with Jeffrey Cramer, Chris Geezy, and Mike Hicks," Spencer says, sitting in front of the open laptop on the counter.

"Okay..." Garcia says, and Spencer can hear her typing. "Cramer works at a grocery store. Geezy is a heating and air tech, and Hicks is on unemployment. But he's an IT guy. Last employed at Legal Grind, tech support for law firms."

"Keri's a lawyer," Spencer mutters. "He might've worked on her computer."

"He's got no criminal record. And his social's listed at a bank there. And the account lists...Mike Hicks, four-oh-four Lark Lane, Silver Spring."

"Thanks, baby girl." Morgan hangs up the phone, glancing at the team. "Alright, we got a name and an address."

"Would he really take Keri to his place?" Y/n asks, tilting her head.

"It's unlikely, but we should still check it."

"I'll send a cruiser," the detective says, walking out of the room.

"Every second we're here," Ryan—the fiancé—starts, "she's alone with him."

"Well, his obsession with Keri defines him," Prentiss says. "He wants to make her happy. He wouldn't take her where he wants to go, he'd take her where she wants to go."

"Maybe someplace that means something to both of you?" JJ asks, looking at Ryan.

Spencer glances up from his computer screen, his eyes landing on Y/n. Her right hand is clenched into a fist, scratching at the skin of her palm. The fingers of her left-hand tap against her thigh, and Spencer's eyes flick up to her face. He bites the inside of his cheek before focusing on Ryan.

"I proposed to her in Chesapeake Beach."

Prentiss nods, and the team moves all at once. They take two separate SUVs, Spencer in the backseat with Y/n; Prentiss, and Morgan in the front. JJ had taken Ryan, and the two were going to wait for the all clear that the stalker had been caught. Spencer glances at Y/n, who's gazing out the window, her fingers playing with the hem of her long sleeves. She seems to sense Spencer's eyes on her, turning her head to meet his eyes. He gives her a little smile and she smiles back before averting her gaze.

The team parks, and Morgan notices a brown van parked next to the marina. They settle in place unnoticeable from the sidewalk unless someone passes right by it, waiting for Hicks to come walking by with Keri—because they knew he would.

And he does—he and Keri walk right past them, and the team moves on them holding up their guns. Hicks notices, halting in place, pressing the gun further into Keri's back.

"Okay, okay!" Prentiss says. "Let's put these away." She lowers her gun. "I just want to talk to you."

Hicks presses the gun to Keri's head. "Don't make me hurt her!"