In control

As if time stopped, Y/n moved her head to the side,  "RIGHT"

Giyu's blade shined as he unsheathed in a blink of an eye. He could feel his heart beat in his ears as his body moved on its own. Hands shaking and sweating, his throat dry as he swung his blade up in the air.

Thump. . . .

Tanjiro gasps at the action and stretched his hand out to stop the man, his breathe quicken and in disarray. The blade so close yet so far.

. . . .Thump. . .

Zenitsu and Inosuke gulped as the blade inched forward to the demoness's chest, anxiousness and confusion set in their hearts. The blade touched the back of her chest, the sword touching her kimono.

. . .Thump. .

The dear kakushis that all once took care of demoness briefly was struck with fear as the blade ripped through the cloth she wore.

. . Thump!

Y/n's eyes widen as the blade struck the right side of her chest. Her eyes held disbelief as she laid there surprised. Slowly, blood trickled down her chin from her mouth. The taste of the metallic liquid sickened her.

"I-I-I can't b-believe this-! H-how could you g-gain c-control s-so fast- " Y/n stammered, blood quickly pooling in her mouth.

Y/n smirks. "Get out, you thief" she laughed at the girl who then slowly slumped on the floor, limp.

Giyu, Tanjiro and the others stared at the limp body of the demoness. Giyu stumbles back in disbelief and stared at his hand which held the blade. "My body moved on its own. . . " his eyes glanced at the girl. ". . .was that her demon art?" He thought.

"Are you ok Tomioka-san?" A ladies voice asks seriously.

Tanjiro glanced to the speaker and gasps. "Shinobu-san! You're here!" He exclaims, stumbling up as the pillar urgently walked towards them.

Giyu shook his head and slowly sheathed his sword back in his scabbard. "I'm fine" he replied to Shinobu who then glanced at the limp female.

"What happened here?" She asks as she trudged towards the demoness.

The two boys didn't answer, but a kakushi timidly sauntered towards them, sweating nervously. Fumbling with his fingers, he gulped.

"U-umm... I'll answer your questions, Kocho-sama" he stammered.

Shinobu frowns. "Make it quick" she remarked before checking Y/n's vitals. "She's alive. . . Why didn't Tomioka slice her head off when he clearly had the chance?" Her frown deepened. "Don't tell me he got close emotionally to her?"

"U-um, so F/n asked for us to deliver out distress signals to the close demon slayers in the base. We didn't know what happened because he was so frantic that e-even when we tried calming him down, he just immediately went to Y/n" the kakushi stated, his eyes darting from place to place.

"So you're telling me that you have no other information other than he was frantic about Y/n?" Shinobu raised a brow, her patience was running thin. The fact that F/n also died made her blood boil.

The kakushi flinched at her tone and trembled more. "Y-yes! When the two of them got on the platform, Y/n suddenly grew mad a-a-and fought with F/n r-resulting with his. . .h-head b-being removed from h-his body. . ." He stuttered, his face flooded with sweat.

Suddenly, his eyes widen. "B-but. . ."

"LEFT"

" . . .There was something strange- " his eyes dulls.

Shinobu raises a brow. "Strange? About what? Speak!" She snapped.

". . .Sorry Kocho-sama. . . It was nothing" He muttered nonchalantly.

The pillar sighs in frustration and turned to Giyu. "What are we gonna do? Call Ma—

"Excuse me, but please move her to her room" Amane suddenly appears by the door, her tone serious and strict.

The air turned cold as Shinobu frowned. "What? Why? Shouldn't we kill her now? She going to be- "

"I'm sorry Shinobu, but this decision is from Oyakata-sama himself" Amane informs them, her eyes cold and piercing through. "So if you would please, move her to her room. This is an important matter" she lastly says before leaving.

Shinobu bites her cheek before turning to the unconscious demoness. "Let's go start then, Tomioka-san" she hissed as she marched to the demoness.

". . .ok" Giyu replied, following the female pillar.

Tanjiro stared at the two when he suddenly smelled a new scent. His heart was filled with ease at the scent, it was like he was in a field of flowers, "Where is that scent. . . Coming from?" he thought.

As the two pillars carried the carefully, as to not awake her. They passed by the stunned boy who then stared at their retreating back as they left. "It was. . .Y/n-san?"

"I never really knew she had a scent that—

"T-Tanjiro! Are you ok?!" Zenitsu cried as he jumped on Tanjiro's side, snot and tears on his face. "That s-scared the heck out of me y-you know!" He exclaims.

"I-I'm fine Zenitsu!" Tanjiro replied, trying to stay in balance as Zenitsu kept clinging onto him. "H-how about you Inosuke?" He adds, glancing at the silent boar.

"Huh?! I'm fine you idiot! I'm always fine!!" Inosuke fumed, huffing and puffing his feathers—

"I'm glad- Zenitsu! Stop it!" Tanjiro shouts, almost falling over.

"B-but the sound earlier was so scary Tanjiro!! It made me have chills!!" He cried out.

Tanjiro raises a brow. "Sound?"

Zenitsu sniffed and stepped back, rubbing his eyes to rid of the tears. "Y-yeah! She had two heart. . . I-I guess?" He stammered, unsure of his answer. "The other heart was really beating like crazy! It was thumping so loud!" He exclaims, waving his hands around.

"The other one. . . I think. . . It was in the left side? It was beating so calmly that it almost sounds like Tanjiro's" Zenitsu informs him, scratching his cheek as if to remember if he was correct. "It was very calm but. . . Why do I feel like I'm wrong?" He thought, pursuing his lips as he thought hardly.

==
==
==

"