Light

Y/N's brows furrows as soon as she slipped back in the Ubuyashiki estate. Kakushi's were walking around with torches, their eyes were looking sharp as they looked around.

"What the- " she immediately sucks down into the bush when she noticed a Kakushi coming in close.

Watching the Kakushi pass by her bush, she let's out her kept breathe and slumped on the ground. "What am I gonna do?" She whispered to herself.

Peeking out the leafy bush, she sees Amane walk out Kagaya's room, giving her a glimpse of the master's sleeping face. "Ah! He's still asleep!" She whispers before quickly going back again in her bush.

Biting her nail, she searched for a way to get through the Kakushi's and their lights. Even though she's a demon, she can't beat a person who has a light and a somewhat close sense level of the hashira's. Especially that the ones patrolling are more than the usual.

Suddenly. . .

"Ah geez, hey! Carry this for me" a Kakushi near the side of the house whined at the other.

"What?! Why?! Amane-sama just said to be in high security!" He hissed at the boy who then forces his lamp to his hands.

"Shut up! I gotta pee!" The other shouts, holding his abdomen as he felt it twitch.

The other boy's face darkens and quickly turned away. "O-ok! Just fucking hurry up!" He says.

.
.
.
.
.

"Bingo!!!" Y/n thought and immediately got out of her hiding spot and bolts to the two boys that were preoccupied with their own problems.

Before the other boy could turn to his friend, Y/n had already passed by them.

"Ah~ thanks man" the boy sighed contently, grabbing his lantern from the other.

"Yeah yeah, now be serious"

----

Y/n let out a sigh of relief as they walked away, oblivious to what she had just done.

Walking away from the pillar she hid at, her eyes scanned the hall. "The coast is clear" Y/n thought, her legs carries her towards the master's chambers.

Her feet tip toed across the floor, careful on not to make a sound that would attract attention.

Holding in her breathe, she gasps as soon as her red eyes land on the door leading to Kagaya's room. In split second, she bolts to the door and closes it behind her, carefully closing it.

Slowly, she moves away from the door and slides to where Kagaya is. A cold sweat trailed down the side of her cheek as she got closer to his sleeping form.

"Oyakata-sama" she whispers, slightly touching his shoulder to not give him pain. "Oyakata-sama" she calls out again, louder this time.

"Oyakat-

"Hm. . .?" Kagaya groans, his brows furrowing.

Y/n gasps. "Oyakata-sama!!" She exclaims, leaning close to him.

"Huh?" Kagaya questions, his eyes fluttering open. Confused to who was calling him. But as soon as he remembers Y/N's voice. . . "Y/n?"

"Yeah, it's me!" She says before sitting back down to his side. "I have some thing to tell you! And I have to say it quick-

Y/n stops as she feels a cough coming up. "J-just w-w-wait" she says, holding in her cough before turning to the side and coughing loud. . . Like loud.

"A-are you ok, Kagaya?!" Amane shouts through the door, worry could be heard in her tone.

"I'm fine. . . Amane" Kagaya replies calmly.

"I think I should come in-

"Don't worry Amane, I'm fine" Kagaya presses, his voice stern.

"B-but, you just coughed!" Amane exclaims, her worry was getting through the roof. "Your situation is getting worse! I must-

"Amane" Kagaya calls out sternly.

Amane bites her lip and lays her head against the door. "O-ok" she stammered before walking away.

Kagaya turns to where Y/n was. . . Where he presume she was. "And what did you need, Y/n?" He asks her, a small smile on his lips. He was feeling loose and carefree at the moment, after all. He had just gotten the dream he oh-so-long awaited for.

The scenes in his dream was still playing over and over in his head, analyzing it and studying it to know whether it'll do them harm or not.

"I'm here to tell you something" Y/n says to him.

"Hmm. . . This scene did play out but it didn't show me what she said. . ." Kagaya thought, pondering about it. "The feeling and emotion I felt in the dream was surprise and shock" he thoughts. "Of course, anything" he tells her.

"You- "

BANG!!!

Suddenly, the door to the room opens and there came Sanemi.

"There she is!" Amane exclaims from behind the hashira who then glared at Y/n.

"What the meaning of this?!" Kagaya asks, turning his head to the noise. "You all better calm down- "

"Eek!" Y/n shrieks as Sanemi suddenly jumps on her and struggled to put his sword close to her neck. Trying to behead he.

"O-Oyakata-sama!" Y/n panicked, her hands trembling as she tried holding Sanemi off. "H-help!" She pleads for the man.

"Sanemi, stop it" Kagaya ordered sternly, his brows furrowed as he could hear Y/n's deep breaths and shrieks.

"No!" Sanemi shouts back, he had just came back from a mission. And once he heard of the news of what happened earlier, his mind wasn't in the right at the moment.

"Sanemi!" Kagaya exclaims before turning to his wife. Where he knows she was. "Amane, stop Sanemi right now" he orders her, only for her to frown.

"No, do you know how much I warned and asked Y/n to stay put?! I already gave her a lot of warnings! She crossed the line" she tells him, her fists clenching in anger. She couldn't put his life in danger, she loved him after all.

"But this is too much!" Kagaya says. "You didn't even ask her version of events!" He exclaims.

Amane's eyes widen, she had just forgotten about that. Always be Gray, not black and white. "A-ah. . ." She stammers.

Sighing, Kagaya rubs his temples. "You forgot and lost your cool, didn't you, Amane?" He questions.

"Y-yes- "

"Eek!!! Oyakata-sama!!" Y/n suddenly screams.

Hearing Amane's gasp, Kagaya wanted to confirm his suspicion. "It couldn't possibly. . ." "Amane! What happened?!" Kagaya asks urgently. But hearing no response, his stomach churns. "Amane?! What happened?"

He could hear stutters and gibberish fly out Amane's mouth. "S-she s-she- "

"She what?!" Kagaya asks.

"S-she's beheaded!" Amane shouts.

Y/n stared at the ceiling with tears brimming her eyes. She could still attach her head back, she knows that. But. . . She couldn't find the fire inside her to make her want to live longer in the cruel world that her brother has painted for her.

Her tears slowly disappeared as her eyes dull. She couldn't take it, she didn't want to live for another second. The weight on her shoulders never ceased, even when she managed to kill off S/n. It only got worse.

Besides, the life she wanted was with Muzan. . . And the Muzan she has right now isn't the Muzan, isn't the big brother she adored.