Chapter 1 "A Beautiful Coincidence or A Heavenly Fate?"

Lucifer's P.O.V

" Where is the file Adam?" I asked him for the second time and my patience is already ending. I am not a man known to have patience. And I find it ridiculous that people still dare to betray me given my reputation in the underworld.

"Its your last chance, tell me who do you work for and where did you hid the file and you can get over with it. you'll be free. I promise" I looked into his fear filled eyes menacingly, his face and body was bloodied by the tortures my men gave him, so much so that he was nearly unrecognizable.

I smirked at the handiwork of my men. His limbs were broken, several cuts and bruises graced his body and he was barely breathing. He just shook his head again without uttering a single word which broke the last thread of restrain I was holding and I shot him in the middle of his eyes without wasting even one more second.

"Lucifer" Asher; my only friend and my second in command shouted behind me, his voice laced with irritation. I turned back and saw him standing with his legs crossed and arms supported by the door.

"What? He was not going to tell anyways."I said smirking.

"But there was still a chance. We would have made him spill the information but now him being dead we have to find the file the hard way, when it could have clearly been done a lot easier and quicker" he sighed looking at Adam.

Although he worked with me in the underworld he never was an advocate of violence and thus looked after all my legal businesses. But since he was really good with computers he managed the technical stuff of both my gang and the legal companies i owned.

He was there in all the thick and thins of my life and after seeing enough betrayal my entire life; not only from strangers but even my family; that one might think that i must have grown immune to it and to an extent i have; he is the only person i can still trust; with all i have. I know that he will never ever judge me and will always be standing firm by my side in all the decisions I take.

Ordering my men to clean the mess, we both step outside of the warehouse and walked towards our car to go back to my mansion and look for a way to search the file that Adam stole.

That file held the information that I was searching for last thirteen years and when finally I got a hold of that information, Adam stole it from me before I could see the secrets it held. This was also one of the reason I was particularly enraged with Adam. I was so close to the truth and he ripped that chance. I took all the paths I could see in front of me no matter whether they were legal or illegal, to be competent enough, in hope of one day finding that man.

For the world I was the youngest and the richest multi billionaire that owned various companies across the globe but nobody knew of me being the mafia leader that even the government officials feared.

People were terrified of me and called me "the DEVIL" in the underworld and I liked to keep it this way, for my experience with the world have taught me that to survive you have to be on the top of the pyramid for which you have to have power. One weakness and you will be pulled down. That's the rule of the world: either you crush others and step on them to be on the top or the world will crush you and will not hesitate even a bit to step on you.

This world taught me the hard way that the only means to survive in such evil is to become more evil..To become a beast..To have power to the extent that no one dares to question you. So I just engulfed the darkness the world bestowed upon me and followed the rule taught to me by this brutal inhuman species ironically called as humans.

As soon as i opened the door to my car, I heard a loud bang and immediately ducked to avoid the bullet shot in my direction but unfortunately it still wounded my arm. I groaned frustratingly. How could someone be so stupid to attack me at my warehouse..I wanted to laugh at their stupidity but all I was feeling was irritation. They were just wasting my time.