Chapter 40 Meet the Family

Nasa hagpakinan kami at kumpleto sila, katabi ko si Sky dahil simula ng dumating kami hindi na sya humiwalay saakin. She wants to talk to me about things in the past pero napagkasunduan namin na saka nalang.

"Now that we are complete. Tell us what's in your mind, lola." basag ni Vincent sa katahimikan, looks like his not enjoying this nether do I. I can feel the tension even if nothing happened for now.

"Can we eat first? Nasa harapan tayo ng pagkain" ani Donya Aurora.

"Mommy, I want to pee!" Mahinang buling ni Vince.

"Let's go, samahan na kita baby" sabat ni Sky natuwang tuwa kay Vince.

"This must be important lola. kailangan ng mag pahinga ni Rhianne at ng anak ko, you know she's pregnant." matigas na sabi ni Vincent.

"This is more important than the girl beside you" Malamig na ani Donya Aurora. This is it the tension I have been feeling.

"Lola, do you think Rhianne isn't important?" bakas ang inis sa kanya. "She'll be my wife soon."

"Yes. How sure are you that she's carrying you child?" She retorted. Not even caring about them.

"Ma, tama na" sabat ni Tita Cath. She can also feel it.

"Lola, alam kong ayaw mo sa akin pero 'wag nyo naman po sana idamay ang anak namin." may inis na saad ni Rhianne.

"That baby is not Vincent's child!" Tito Nathaniel said with authority.

"Stop...just tell us kung anong dapat na sabihin at kung ano ang kinalaman nya dito" saka sumalubonh saakin madilim ang tingin ni Vincent.

"She's here to introduce your only son Vincent" para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig sa narinig ko. I froze for a second.

"My son? I didn't impregnate her when we broke up. She must've done it with other guys." matigas na sabi nya habang nakatingin saakin. He's accusing me, I am certain of it.

"How can you make sure that you didn't impregnate her? Did nothing really happened to both of you when you were together? You even stand for her against me before." Malalim na sabi ng lolo ni vincent. Sh*t I should've know this things before I came here. I dumb.

"I don't like her to be the mother of my child" he replied. Avoiding the questiins. parang bumalik na naman ang sakit ng nakaraan sa bawat salitang kanyang binitawan. 

"Vincent have some respect, she's still a woman." ani tita Cath.

"You should be responsible to your child Vincent" dagdag ni tito Nathaniel.

"Tito—Mr. Dela Rosa hindi naman po kailangan ni Vincent na panagutan si Vince, Past is past at hindi ako naparito para ipilit ang anak ko sa pamilyang ito. What I have been through is enough; I don't want my child to feel an outcast nor a person who's here seeking just for money. I came here because Donya Aurora asked me to, I never meant it this way. Besides I can provide the needs of my son." diretsahang saad ko.  kahit na alam kong gusto ni Vince na makasama ang daddy nya.

"Still, I want him to be responsible he's the first born of Dela Rosa. And no one would dare to do that to my grand child!" Why are they siding to me? As far as I remember they are against in my relationship with Vincent before. And what know? They want to be responsible? I thought she didn't like us? Even my son. And of course, Ayoko makasira ng pamilya. I have to be selfish to protect him from possible pain. I don't want him to feel unwanted and unloved. On the other hand I really don't want to do this but I find this as an opportunity for my child to be with his father. but what if my son feel the pain I felt before? I hope that day won't come. I'll die for sure.

"How about Rhianne? she's going to be my wife we're going to have a family" para akong nabingi sa sinabi nya. In that way. Ako ang kabit ang my son is his illegitimate son. 

"I don't care you, should take them with you kung ayaw mong itakwil kita" matigas na sabi ni Tito Nathaniel. Are they not going to ask my opinion?

"Dad that's unfair and why are you on her side now? Diba ayaw nyo sakanya dati bakit parang gusto nyo na sya ngayon?" he has a point is this a joke to them?

"Wala kaming kinakampihan hijo saka taon na ang nakalipas maraming nagbago" Ani Tita Cath. 

"I think Vincent is right, I am not asking for any of this. Just a simple visit from him would be fine. Yun lang naman kahit minsan lang siya makita ni Vince—"

"No. You can go Vincent take her and your child with you." Don Louis said with finality kaya wala na akong magawa kundi sumama. D*mn this complicated life.