𝟙.𝟙: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕀𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℝ𝕦𝕟

—Narrator's perspective—

Arabella's eyes stayed glued to the concrete wall, mind was slowly starting to defunction because of how bored she was. Why did she had to stay and keep a close eye on Landon? Getting to class seemed to be much more entertaining than a cellar which used to be a holding cell for Damon and Stefan.

She remembered the last time she was here, she was beating the crap out of Stefan for once again, turning his humanity switch off. It was times like that she'd wish she go back even though things seemed violent and bloody.

Her attention went elsewhere where she can hear ragged breathings. She quickly rushed to where Landon is and he was awake but looking around in frantic and breahing heavily.

"Landon. Landon hey!" Arabella called out and his attention turned to her in relief.

"Arabella. Can you get me out of here?" He pulled the bars desperately but was no use since it's locked. She shook her head feeling sorry.

"Sorry, Landon— But you won't be here for long I swear." She said in a soothing voice, hoping it will calm his heart rate down but no use.

Landon shook his head, panting. "I'm in a witch dungeon." He looked back quickly and turned to the girl again.

"It's a place for werewolf to transition." She informed but clearly didn't calm him down when he backed away.

"Super. I'm not so good with, you know. Small spaces." He explained and ran his hand through his hair.

"We won't keep you her for long. No one knew you can't be compelled."

"I don't know what that means!" He sneered.

Arabella sighed and nodded in understanding. "I tried to erase your memories of what you know but clearly didn't work." She huffed a sigh.

Landon chuckled. "So now what, I'm a hostage? Where's Rafi?" He questioned and dropped his smile still panting.

"He's okay and so will you if you calm down. People who take a herb called Vervain can't be compelled. The town sherrif sometimes slips it into the coffee at the gas station we were at this morning." She explained and seemed to calm down the boy who was listening intently. "It takes about a day to pass through your system and you just need to wait it out."

He exhaled in a huff before backinf away fully this time. "No big deal I'll just sit here alone in the witch dungeon." He sat down on the edge of the bed. "Can you wait it out with me?"

She sighed and simply smiled. "Yeah sure." Arabella sat down on the floor, leaning on the wall besides the bar. "Want to tell me why you hate small spaces?"

"Or you could tell me about Vampires? It takes the edge off my brain." He finally calmed down, fiddled with his fingers. "Or you? How did you... you know. Became a Vampire?"

Arabella smiled sadly, remembering why. "Let's say my family is a little crazy. I was once a witch before a Vampire so basically I was doomed to know about the supernatural world." She closed her eyes for a second, feeling vulnerable. Arabella's breath hitched of the image of her father dying in front of her. "God, I'm so sorry, Landon." She shook her head and breathed heavily whens she stood up. "I promise, we'll let you out but try to take your mind off it, y-yeah?" Before she could hear the boy asked what was wrong, She left in hurried steps.