𝟚.𝟛: 𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℝ𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕄𝕖 𝕆𝕗 𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕀 𝕌𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕋𝕠 𝕂𝕟𝕠𝕨

—Narrator's perspective—

          Arabella was merely walking in peace, the void on her chest was still there since she last saw Hope. It genuinely confused her in many ways at once, but did everything to ignore it all. She frowned, seeing the school entrance trashed with many toilet papers around it.

Her frown got more serious when she saw Hope by the entrance. "Hope?" She called out, the Mikaelson turning her head and almost lost her balance seeing the blonde.

Before either could speak, a siren whoops behind them, a cop car. The sheriff stopped by the side, exiting the car with a knowing look to the two kids who seemed guilty.

"This looks pretty self explanatory." She said, closing the car door behind her. "but you want to give it a shot?"

"It wasn't us." Arabella said, truth laced in her voice which the sheriff nodded, half-believing her choice of tone and words.

"Toxic masculinity mixed with outdated sports pranks." Hope stated, looking to Arabella who nodded in a chuckle sending shivers to the Tribrid who heard it.

"There's no way they did it." Maya said out of no where, rolled down the window behind the car. "Both are a timberwolf, not a stallion." She defended the two.

"Maya? What happened?" Hope frowned, seeing the girl arrive in a cop car was also self explanatory to other people who wouldn't know their mother's the sheriff.

She shook her head. "Oh, don't worry. She's my mom." She also explained and Arabella nodded, Maya getting off. "We don't really like to talk about it."

"We?" Hope asked again, looking at the other side of the car where Ethan got off. "Ethan? So you guys are...?" She trailed off.

"My kids, no matter how much it embarrasses them." The sheriff explained and the two teens were already infront of the Vampire and Tribrid.

"'Cause who doesn't like getting dropped off to school in a cop car?" Ethan added, nodding at an unfamiliar blonde besides Hope who smiled in response.

"I'm on official business." Their mother defended but Ethan and Maya were already getting inside the school, ignoring their mother. "Now... can you two show me where I can find Principal Saltzman?" She asked politely.

☘︎︎

"Yeah sorry. Like I said, I'm pretty new here." Ric said, handing the photograph of Dennis back to Sheriff Miller.

Arabella, who was veiled alongside with Hope, glanced at the picture in curiosity. "Well, his teammates last saw him at the old mill, by the Salvatore School. We Found his truck abandoned, and his hunting rifle nearby."

"Okay. Well, I will check with his classmates and his teachers. I wish I could be more helpful but like I said, I'm still getting to know the students. And the sheriff." He added the last one which made the woman smile and nod. "I was friends with the old one."

"Please, no more stories about how great sheriff Donovan was. His shoes are already big enough."

Arabella rolled her eyes, Hope didn't miss it when the action made Hope smile. It's been too long since she's seen the Vampire act so... normal, and herself.