𝟙.𝟙: 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕀𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦 ℝ𝕦𝕟

—Narrator's perspective—

          "It's been 24 hours. You ready for round 2?" Alaric asked sternly.

Arabella kept her arms crossed, visibly restless since she slept late with her mind on Josie and what to say when they encounter. She was leaning on the table in front of Landon, still upset that Alaric woke her up just for this.

"Actually... I was wondering if I could stay." Landon said, earning Alaric and Arabella to look at each other before turning their head to the boy again.

He knew it was coming. "I can put you in touch with somebody who can help you with your problems at home—"

"—I don't have a home." He quickly said before Alaric could go further. "Not anymore. I can work. I can do the dishes and help with the janitorial stuff, I can cook." The more he spoke the more Arabella felt her heart get heavy, she pity him so much.

"I'm sorry, Landon. But you don't belong here." Alaric was still his stern and stubborn self.

"Then where do I belong? Tell me where I should go. You have no idea what it's like out there. I don't want to cause trouble. I just want a way of my own life." He finishes.

His slight breakdown made Arabella speak. "Look I know that you think you're alone and have no place to turn to when things gets rough, but it gets better. Trust me, Take it from the girl who's mother loathed her..." She whispered the last part, looking at him seriously which caused him to look down.

Alaric leaned forward on the table. "I know it seems cruel, but please understand, this school was created so we could shape the minds of young supernatural beings. Protect their secret, and then send them out into the human world fully equipped to handle it. We are here to prevent these great kids from indulging in their darkest impulses. Make no mistake, these are predatory creatures." He paused and continued. "Vampires are driven by the feed and the kill. Wolves can't control themselves in their primal state. and witches... witches, when provoke are responsible for some of the worst atrocities in history. It's simply not safe for you here. I'm sorry."

"I understand..." He spoke quietly, still felt crushed that he couldn't stay.

"Ara." Alaric looked over the Blonde who sighed and nodded.

She walked around Landon, sitting from across him before she spoke. "I know that Rafael means something to you and I promise I'll keep an eye out for him. He'll fit right in." As if her words helped Landon, he nodded and looked at her in the eye as a gesture he was ready. "Forget everything You've seen and learned in the past two days. All you know is that Raf found a home he can live a better life. It may he hard for some times but, you know it in your heart that leaving him here is for the best. Now, You will go home with nothing holding you back here." She stopped herself, standing up and waited until Landon got back to his senses. He turned to Alaric and stood up.

"Thank you, for taking in Rafi. He really needed this." He said in a tight smile, putting his hands in his jean pocket.

"Ofcourse, Mr. Kirby. Arabella here can show you the exit and say your goodbyes to Rafael." He gestured to the blonde who nods and lead him out of there.

"He's in good hands, your brother." Arabella informed, her hands behind her back while she was guilty for compelling him. He doesn't deserve this, he just wanted a home and now his brother will be taken away from him.