𝟙.𝟙𝟙: 𝕎𝕖'𝕣𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℕ𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝔸 𝕊𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

—Narrator's perspective—

          The bell was ringing, indicating that something happened. Arabella shot her eyes open after Hope threw a pillow on her face. She groaned and used her vampire speed to get to the hallways.

"Sounds like the trap worked." Hope said, looking over at Alaric who held a crossbow and Dorian. She grabbed a knife and they all went outside, ready to fight what ever monster is out there.

Arabella has yet to collect herself of her humane and followed in pursuit. Still feeling the need to unleash some of her anger on the monster who ruined her sleep. When they got in the woods, she came back to her senses immediately.

"I know this isn't important. But you couldn't have put pants on first?" Hope exclaimed, walking faster than usual to catch the monster. Arabella snickered when she noticed it as well.

"Little early for snark, Hope." Ric said, crossbow against his chest and ready to be shot at whomever.

"Any guesses on what famous monster from filmland we get to slay today?" Dorian, being the one to lead them to the urn, said.

"As long as I get to kill it, we're good." Arabella answered and all of them agreed of her statement.

Alaric scoffed. "With our luck, it'll be Cthulhu." They stopped walking when a horse from a distant sputtered.

"False alarm. It's just a horse." They walk by the edge of the barrier, looking at the white horse inside of it.

Arabella yawned, hugging herself from the cold while they talked. "Except we don't have a white horse." Hope pointed out and gasped when the, now, unicorn made its way to them. Alaric pulled his gun up, and Dorian got ready. "Hey, wait wait. Hold your fire." She went in front of them.

"It's a monster, love. Kill it so I can go back to sleep." Arabella said and immediately turned to look the other way when Hope glared at her.

"You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn?" She exclaimed to the two adults.

"I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute." Dorian remarked, still having his weapon up just in case.

Hope frowned. "Can't we just... leave it alone? It's trapped, It's not going anywhere, It's harmless." She defended and the other three seemed to take it as a powerful enough reason to let it be.

They didn't notice how the unicorn spewed out a very not harmless slug and made its way to them, specifically, Hope.

"Hope's right. As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn. So we just stay alert and let it be." Alaric said, all of them looking at the creature on front

"All right then. I'll be on alert back in bed." Dorian turned his heel around, sighing and left them alone, Arabella closely trailing by him.

☘︎︎

"Okay, what the hell are you doing?" Arabella asked when she felt Hope kissing her cheek multiple times before pulling away completely. "Guys help." She turned to Landon and Rafael who just laughed.

"Morning beautiful." She whispered and sat besides her cheerfully of this morning. "You too, Landon, Raf." She greeted and smiled wide. "Mmm. Sweet, sweet carbs." Hope said and ate a piece of the pastry that was supposed to be Arabella's to eat but didn't mind.