Prologue

"(Y/N), honey! Eat your breakfast!" Your mom ordered from the kitchen.

"I don't wanna." You pouted, eyeing the door and wanting to go explore the streets of the new neighborhood.

"Honey, if you don't eat all of it you won't be able to explore the neighborhood efficiently!" She smiled gently, patting your head and moving your plate of eggs and avocado slightly closer to you.

"Efficiently?" You questioned, big dove eyes staring at your mother with innocence. You didn't understand what efficiently meant, you just wanted to go outside and explore. You had moved in yesterday to this new neighborhood and had been promised by your mother that you would be allowed to explore freely this morning, but here you were, locked inside because you didn't want your breakfast.

"Yes, efficiently." Your mother chuckled at the confused frown that had settled on your face. She sometimes liked to not explain some words or concepts so that you would search for them on your own.

"I wanna go out!" You continued whining.

"If you eat this whole plate of eggs right now I'll let you go without changing from your comfortable attire." Your mother was an elegant, caring woman, so she always let you get away with little things like this. As much as she loved seeing you wearing tiny little dresses and dressing you up like a doll, she also loved to let your free five year old soul develop naturally so that you would grow up into a beautiful happy woman.

Not waiting for another word, you ate the whole plate in record time, swallowing it all with a gulp of your orange juice and smiling up brightly at your mother.

"Now can I go?" You asked excitedly, making your mother smile with love.

"I'll be waiting for you at lunch time" Kissing your mother's cheek, you waved at her as you made your way out.

"See ya Mama!" Making your way out, you noticed the previously empty house now had a whole new family sitting by the porch while some buff men moved furniture inside. You watched in awe at the men that carried the heavy furniture as if they were made out of foam, standing still and catching the family's attention.

"Hey there!" As you heard the voice of the father call you, you turned your head to look at him with a soft blush. "Are you perhaps the (L/N)'s young daughter?" He gave off a warm energy, so you decided to approach him even though your mother always told you not to approach strangers.

"Uhm, yes. I'm (Y/N)." You said in a soft shy voice.

"How old are you (Y/N)?" Asked the mother. They were a family of blondes and looked like they came from high class because of their clothes and belongings.

"I'm five years old!" You said proudly, shyness already long forgotten as you were very proud of your age. You had just turned five a week ago, after all.

"Oh! You're a big girl then." Chuckled the woman. "You can be friends with my son then, he's six." She continued, gesturing to a blonde boy that hugged her leg. He had long blonde bangs that covered his eyes entirely, and didn't make a sound. He looked shy.

"What's your name?" You asked, excited to have already found a new friend in the neighborhood, but he didn't answer. At the contrary, he hid even further behind her mother's legs and diverted his gaze to the floor.

Alright then.

You thought sadly, but it was fine. You were bound to find another friend anyways, this area was exclusively residential and there lived many families nearby.

"I'm eight, and don't think you'll ever be my friend you filthy poor girl." Mumbled the second brother, spitting his words out with hate, but he didn't offend you. Mama said that whenever someone insulted you they were only remarking what they hated about themselves, so you always ignored bully boys.