Instinct

"Why hasn't Cora-san arrived yet?" Asked Law, voice quivering as he, just like you, was worried that something had happened to his adoptive father.

"He's just working very hard in order for us to live in peace." Your reply was stupid and very vague, but what were you going to tell him? You had no idea of where the fuck this man had gone off to and you were worried sick. He said he'd be back by many hours ago, and he still hadn't even texted you. You were chewing on your nails from the stress of the situation and felt like your body was about to collapse. Still, you had to take care of Law, so you kept a cool exterior in order to not worry him.

He had said he only had to go to see a work plan, that they would get into action, but not today. You had expected him to be back by now. To top it all off, you had a terrible feeling in your tummy. You were a very intuitive woman, and things weren't going well. You knew it, but you had no way of actually knowing what the hell was going on.

"Let's just turn on the TV, that way we'll get our mind off Rosi. I'm sure he's fine." You breathed out, placing Law on your lap and cuddling him as if he was your own little squishable teddy bear. You needed him to so that you could use him as a stress reliever, hugging him tightly and playing with his soft black locks of hair.

You had already ate dinner together and left Rosi's plate with a wide glass lid covering it, waiting for him to come back. It seemed ridiculous how the food, just like you and Law, had lost it's color and energy as time passed, finally turning in a cold and stiff piece of meat, long forgotten.

"(Y/N), look! They are on the news!" Since you heard Law's voice, everything went in slow motion. Your body froze in place as your eyes drifted back to the TV from the plate of food, seeing a news reporter outside of a venue. Your venue. The venue Rosi had gave you. The fucking venue Doflamingo probably had under his control.

No...

You read the title.

Police war against drug lord Doflamingo Donquixote

Your eyes drifted to the subtitle.

The end or just another senseless encounter?

The news reporter talked about a specific detective that had been taken inside the place, explaining how they had received reports from the police that assured that the commander was on his way to treat with the Donquixote family, save his detective, and finally put an end to this. In the meantime, nobody could either get in or out of the place.

How? Since when? How did they even go inside the place?

You couldn't think straight, yet your thoughts were focused in one single thing.

Who is the man inside?

Then the reporter said it. His name ringed in your ears as it became the only thing your mind could focus in. All of your environment melted away, name sticking in your head and hitting you like a kick in the gut.

Detective Rosinante Donquixote.

Your heart broke. He was inside the venue against the Donquixote family, on his own. Police was on it's way.

What the hell happened?

It was a question you couldn't stop asking yourself. How did he get in there? How much time had he been in there? You looked down at Law. He was scared. His lips quivered in fear and his eyes were opened wide, void of any emotion but fright.

"(Y-Y/N)..." He whispered, voice breaking into sobs. You hugged him tightly and kissed his head, feeling like the pieces of the dumb puzzle clicked inside your head. The Donquixote Family didn't want anything to do with you nor with Law. They wanted to get on Rosi's nerves. Doflamingo knew Rosinante had a soft spot for those he loved and had probably subtly lured him into his trap, and succeeded. The cards, the break in, the messages, everything made sense now.