Special Date

Rosinante took your hand and guided you to the ice cream shop. It was an Italian gelateria called Gelateria Menella, the sign standing proudly at the entrance written in silver letters. It was known for being the best ice cream place in town, since it went back to the year 1898 and was funded by an immigrant Italian family. The shop had a couple of tables inside and outside from which you could order their delicious sweets.

You sat down with him and shared a big bowl of ice cream. Yes, it was very cheesy of you two, but it was a nice excuse to sit closer to him and enjoy his warmth while you tried not to freeze with the ice cream.

"So, you're sure that you want to start with your restaurant?" He asked, smiling down at you with affection written all over his face, eyes shining with a subtle glint of excitement.

"Yeah!" You chirped. "I'll begin looking for a place right now! Well, not now, whenever I get home." You giggled stupidly making Rosinante chuckle at you, hand slipping down to your waist to hold you closer against him. You blushed. "I-I actually have a bunch of possible places listed, but many of them have probably already being bought or whatever, so I have to check on them." You said thoughtfully, allowing your head to rest on his shoulder.

"(Y/N)."

"Yep?" You replied, pulling your head away from his shoulder and looking up at him with a soft blush.

"I actually want to show you a very special place I have that I think could mean a lot to you." He smiled excitedly.

"Oh! Is that the surprise?" You smiled, subtly scooting closer to him. You had just began your relationship, but that didn't mean you couldn't be a healthy amount of clingy. Besides, he clearly liked your closeness as whenever you moved his grip on your waist would become tighter.

"Yeah. We'll go check on it later. Now finish your ice cream." He kissed your temple and continued to speak about other things, talking to you about work and his life with Law, while you told him more about your own life and story.

After about an hour, you finished your food and he payed for the check. Later taking you on a walk through the picturesque streets, holding you by your waist and body grazing your own as you walked together.

"This will be more of a proposal for you." He said, referring to the surprise he said he had for you.

"Proposal?" You asked, looking up at him in curiosity.

"Mhm." Me mumbled, making a turn which made you leave the main street and enter a very crowded diagonal. It was filled with high end boutiques and art shops. "It's around here..." He mumbled as he read the numbers of the different stores, finally reaching a huge place that was marked as closed. An abandoned venue. "Aha! Right here~" He smirked, taking some keys from his pockets and leading you to the door.

"Rosi..." You whispered as you looked at the big venue in awe, already having a pretty clear idea of what was going on.

Is he really doing this?

The place he had taken you to was an abandoned facility near the main street in town. You had checked this place when younger and had actually added it to your list, but you had never been able to find out who the owner was and was forced to forget about it.

"Come in." He smiled, tugging at your hand in excitement.

"What's the surprise?" You asked, voice quivering in nervousness as you had been quick to draw conclusions of your own, but they were too good to be true. No, they were too nice and kind for you to accept.

"Well, I kept thinking about you and your issue the whole day, when it suddenly clicked to me."
He smiled, closing the door behind you and twisting you so that your body would face his, your face held by his fingers. "I remembered about a certain inheritance my parents left us, which we never really sold because I legally couldn't. This place belongs to my brother."