Commander Sengoku

It was about lunchtime when your brothers finally left, leaving you and Rosi alone to wait for his adoptive father, Commander Sengoku.

"I'm a little nervous, Rosi." You said nibbling on your thumb nervously.

The man you were about to meet had been your hero. You had met him before, but you doubted he remembered you. The first time you saw him was when he came over to your childhood house to interview your parents about the incident that had happened next door. When Doflamingo had murdered his dad. He had been very supportive and had even helped you calm down about what had happened, reassuring you that you, your family and Rosi were going to be alright.

Sixteen years later you had seen him after the incident with your parents. Of course he didn't remember you from when you were a child, but he was just as understanding. He had been the reason of your admiration to the police force.

Now, you were going to meet him as your possible father in law and you could feel your tummy going crazy. This was a completely different situation than the other two. Before, he had just been fulfilling his duties as a server of citizens, but now it was much more personal.

"What are you nervous about?" He chuckled. "He'll love you~" He said squishing you against him as if you were a teddy bear.

"I-it's just-" Your sentence was interrupted by the doorbell.

"He's here." He said, face suddenly turning very serious. He had come to work after all. Not for you. Rosinante had adopted in seconds a completely serious and focused stance. "Stay here. You can testify as a witness." He nodded as he made his way over to the door.

With every step he took your heartbeat sped up. You felt your palms getting a little sweaty as you stood awkwardly beside the couch, waiting for the man to enter the place and hopefully judge you positively. You sighed trying to calm your heart down and tucked a lock of hair behind your ear, looking down to the ground and simply hoping for the best.

"Commander." Saluted Rosinante. Your gaze was fixated on the floor, afraid to look at the admirable man to the eyes.

"Please Rosinante. Drop the formal act." You heard the man laugh loudly, walking with strong steps in a carefree manner as he made his way inside the apartment. You still hadn't had the courage to look up at him in the eyes and felt a blush creep up your cheeks as his gaze fell on you. "I see. Were you trying to look all tough and proud for this beautiful lady?"

"D-dad, she's my girlfriend." You felt Rosinante's voice seeping with embarrassment in response to his adoptive dad's carefree attitude towards you.

Right as you finally had the guts to look up at him in the eyes, you felt Law's soft and fast little steps approach the living room.

"Is grandpa here?" He asked in excitement.

"There's my little boy!" Smiled the commander, picking up the little boy in his arms with one swift motion.

But you were on cloud nine. Seeing this man brought positive memories of self improvement and hope. He looked a little grayer, but he still had that amazing strong and proud energy. Seeing you stare at the man dreamily, Rosi chuckled and swooped in to hug you, kissing your temple and holding you tight. He was trying to calm your nerves.

"He'll adore you, beautiful lady." He teased, chest vibrating against your back while the color of your cheeks darkened even more.

"Did you meet (Y/N)?" Said Law happily, pointing at you with a big smile. Even though the kid was a bit of a grump, he clearly shared very special bonds with the commander. It filled your heart with warmth, making you wonder just how many people he had helped in his entire life.