Meeting Him

You started humming while you washed the dishes your brothers had left in a pile in the sink yesterday. You were now completely rested and had a little bit of a more positive view upon your future. Things would work out, universe always found it's balance.

In the meantime, and in hopes of lifting your spirits, you would prepare the neighbor's welcome-to-the-neighborhood basket and finally meet him. You still had that weird feeling in your gut, the nostalgia and anxiousness of meeting him, but you couldn't really do anything about them. You had to present yourself else you would seem rude.

Suddenly, your thoughts were interrupted by a knock in your door.

"Coming!" You said, cleaning your hands and fixing your appearance a little so that whoever was behind the door wouldn't have to see you in your disheveled state.

You made your way to the door only to find the same man you had seen yesterday at the entrance of the building. Somehow he felt familiar, as if you had already met him before. Once again you were enveloped in a weird sensation of nostalgia, but you had no idea were it was coming from. After all, you had no idea who this man was aside from the fact that he was probably your new neighbor.

He was very tall and had gorgeous amber eyes that made your heart skip a beat. This man triggered reactions in you, and you had no idea where they came from and why he had this effect in you. To you, he was just a stranger, but your body seemed to think differently.

Where have I seen him before?

"Uhm... hi?" You said, still not able to recognize the face in front of you, but he had recognized you already. He had seen your name in the list with the buzzers for the apartments, and seeing your face just confirmed his suspicions.

"Hey (Y/N)." He smiled softly. Seeing you again made his heart flutter in excitement and, even though he barely knew you anymore, seeing you still triggered some pretty warm emotions in his heart. You stared at him quietly, not understanding who he was and still trying to decipher him and what it was that he wanted with you.

"Oh! You must be the new neighbor, would you like to come in?" He chuckled at you, seeing that you still didn't recognize him.

"Don't you recognize an old friend?" His deep voice was throwing you off. He was a hot man.

Recognize an old friend?

"I'm sorry you must be confusing me with another person." You smiled apologetically, still not understanding who he was.

"(Y/N), I'm Donquixote Rosinante, we were neighbors." You could see a slight glint in his eyes, he was smiling warmly yet excitedly. And then it clicked.

"Rosi?" You gasped in awe, finally understanding who the hell this man was. Seeing you recognize him, he opened up his arms for you to hug him, so you went in. You giggled in his arms. Feeling his warmth and scent envelope you made your stomach flutter in excitement. "I can't believe it! Where have you been all this time?"

"Just around." He smiled. Of course this wasn't the place to catch up in right now, he had a lot to talk to you about and you probably did too. It was weird how, even though you hadn't seen each other for eighteen years, Rosinante still felt like you had a connection. He still saw you as his childhood girlfriend after all.

"Would you like to come in?" You said, smiling gently as you pulled away from his arms. "Wait! Are you my new neighbor?!" You gasped.

"Yes." He chuckled.

Now that you could take a better look at him, time had definitely treated him well. He still had his blonde scruffy hair that flowed down his forehead in bangs. His amber eyes were now a little darker, yet they still held that gentle glint they had back when he was a child. He was now very tall, about two meters, and had some pretty handsomely sculpted muscles along his exposed chest.