Gone

You clenched your teeth and tried to stifle a scream that had bubbled up in your throat from the pain, looking back up at Rosi to see if he was still ok. He was frozen in place, but his beautiful amber eyes still held a soft light. He was fine.

Ever since he saw you enter the room he had lost the ability to speak and move. He wanted to turn you around, push you away, anything to get you away from the way of his brother's gun, but he couldn't. Now, you were bleeding on top of him, energy and color quickly draining out from your eyes and skin.

"(Y-Y/N)..." he breathed out. What was he going to do? He hadn't been able to save you and he was still in shock.

"It's ok." You whispered, smiling at him softly and hugging him tight against you. "Police is on their way. You'll be ok." You mumbled, eyelids suddenly feeling very heavy.

"N-no..." He sobbed, eyes filling up with tears as he used his hand to try and stop your bleeding. He couldn't. There was so much blood coming from your body. He wanted to use his clothes to cover them up, try to bandage up the wounds, do anything to help. But he couldn't. He was just laying there, heartbeat fast and limbs tingling, he almost couldn't feel his body at all.

"It's ok." You repeated, body firmly pressing him down so that he wouldn't try and get up to face his brother.

Your back hurt. Hell, your entire body hurt. It was as if you had been drugged high for an hour and were now facing the aftermath. Dizzy, hazy, and hurt. Oh so hurt. Your limbs hurt, the wounds at your back hurt, and your heart hurt. Even if you had been shot at multiple times, your mind could only focus on one thing. Rosi had been shot in the chest.

But your body was about to give up. Everything began going in slow motion. Noises felt as if they were kilometers away from you, loud, yet far away. Rosinante's big form was still sprawled on the ground, your body acting as a human shield. You nuzzled against him, taking in his scent mixed in with the one of blood and smiled while tears continued to stream down your face.

You kissed his lips, body trembling as the world got colder and darker, eyes finally closing and your body giving up. Your form was now limply laying on top of Rosi's, slow heartbeat confirming him that you were still alive. Weak, yet alive. Your breath felt slow and interrupted and your blood was still coming out of your back in large amounts.

Doflamingo began to laugh. This whole scene looked hilarious to him. The weak woman had come to the rescue of his dumb little brother, and it was hilarious how neither had been able to save the other.

"This is bullshit." He yelled, turning around and waltzing out of the room.

A loud bang was heard through the room as a dozen of armed officers entered the place from each door, successfully surrounding the criminal. Sengoku looked around the room, ordering men and finally capturing Doflamingo. He sighed in relief. The rest of the Donquixote family had been surrounding the building, but the police had already caught them all. Doflamingo had been the final one left to catch, and, thanks to Rosinante's efforts in stalling him, that had been possible.

His gaze stopped as he spotted his son. His eyes widened in fear and he ordered immediately for his men to bring an ambulance. They had come too late.

Still in shock, Rosinante sobbed loudly as he grasped onto you. He didn't want to let you go. His heart was aching with the thought of you passing away because of him. Because he hadn't been strong enough to simply push you away. He also hated his brother. You had nothing to do with this problem. He was a disgusting criminal that should be left to rot in jail. Rosinante clenched his teeth and tried to stop the tears, but it was impossible. Your cold limp body looked so fragile and wounded, and it was his fault. At that moment, he hated himself so much.