The Wait

"What?! Your hot neighbor invited you out on a date?!" Screeched Nami from your door.

"Shush! His son might hear you!" You whispered while pulling her inside with you, your other two friends following her closely behind.

"Ha! I knew you were a match." She said cockily, thinking that her drunk self had been right about setting you up the other night with the man.

"It's not like that! He's a childhood friend, we are just getting together to catch up." You mumbled.

"Yeah right!" Jumped in Koala. She was Sabo's girlfriend and had blended in pretty well in your group with Nami and Robin, so she instantly became one of you.

She may blend in a little too well. AKA she's just as annoying as Nami.

You still loved their annoying asses.

"Just a childhood friend." She mocked. "Trust my words! A couple of days from now you guys will wake up naked in his bed." Nami giggled dirtily with her, making you sweat drop.

"So how do you know him?" Asked Robin, clearly the only one in he room with logical and normal thoughts.

"We were neighbors when I was around five. We were best friends." You said, remembering the real way you used yo address your relationship as kids.

"And why are you blushing?" Asked Nami, reading right through you.

"W-well, we actually called ourselves girlfriend and boyfriend... y-you know! In the cute innocent way children do." You stuttered, fighting hard against your embarrassment, but losing nonetheless.

Shit. Here it comes.

"Oh my god." Said Nami, bursting into laughter. Koala joined her immediately, both of them laughing a little too loud for your liking.

"Alright. Yes, hilarious." You grumbled, clenching your fists and trying to control your blush.

"No! Seriously, it's adorable. Is that why you're embarrassed? You like him?"

"No! How would I know? I haven't seen him in eighteen years!" You defended yourself.

"Oh but he's got something going on, doesn't he?" Asked Koala, looking at you suspiciously.

"You never act like this towards a date." Added Nami squinting her eyes at you.

"Alright, stop attacking her like this! She deserves to go out on a date." Robin defended you, pulling you down to your couch with her and patting your back.

It's not a date...

"What are you all doing here anyways?" You asked, realizing that it was a Friday morning and that they should all be working.

"Well, I was bored and, since Sabo is working, I decided to tell the girls to meet here." She shrugged.

"Did you forget to warn me about this?"

"We sent you a text." She smiled, not really caring if you wanted them here or not. Well, it's not like you had ever rejected a chance to be with them, besides, they were used to come over as they pleased, that's why they all had a copy of your key.

"Right." You groaned. You never read your text messages, you preferred calls.

"So at what time will you be going off on your date?"

"He's supposed to come pick me up at 17:00."

"What's the deal with his son?"

You spent the day like this, you chatted a lot with your friends until they had to leave, either for work or to hang out with their boyfriends, leaving you all alone in your place. As the hour Rosinante would come to look for you approached, you got dressed and fixed yourself a little. You looked cute, but without trying too much. That way he wouldn't notice your huge highschool-girl crush on him.