A Simple Walk

A week had passed since the incident in your apartment with Doflamingo's workers and you were still locked inside Rosinante's apartment. Life sucked a little right now. You couldn't move a finger without having to tell Rosi about it, and police had your building surrounded with cars and patrols that hid between the citizens' cars. The good thing was that nothing had happened ever since, except for your never ending boredom. Law had to go to school and Rosi was extremely busy with his case, which left you alone at home for most of the day. Trying to fight this lockdown, you decided to try out new recipes and see how they would work at your restaurant.

You had barely even been allowed to see your friends and family once, and Rosinante had to be there the whole time with his gun in his pockets. It wasn't the best, but at least you got to see your friends and chat. Luckily for you they had been too intimidated by Rosi's presence to ask further questions, so you didn't have to worry them with anything.

Today had been the same. Everyone left early and you were left alone in the apartment. You had been trying out new desert recipes and had ran out of flour, which was pretty important for the sweets you had been preparing. Sighing, you looked up at the clock. 11:26am. Rosinante wouldn't be here until five, and Law still had a couple of hours to go.

Should I...?

Rosinante and Sengoku had been very specific upon their rules and, of course, the most important one was that you couldn't leave the house on your own. Still, it wouldn't really take you long to go out and come back, so Rosinante wouldn't even know. Besides, you felt like they were seriously exaggerating with this. Nobody planned on killing you anyways so why was it so important to keep you locked? As if you were the goddamn criminal.

With an annoyed huff, you stood up and took the copy of keys that Rosi had left for you. Only for emergencies he had said seriously. Were you betraying his trust? Well, it wasn't like anything would go wrong. The gourmet shop was literally in front of your building, so it was impossible for anything to happen to you anyways.

You covered your face with a dark cloth so the police wouldn't give you problems and went to the little store, successfully unseen. You chatted up the nice lady that sold the goods as you selected your flours. This little shop had been very important for you. It sold all kinds of high quality gourmet ingredients that you used for your recipes so you came here a lot. The woman seemed worried about you not coming anymore and asked about the patrol cars, but you told her that you had no idea about what was going on, not wanting to get her neither worried nor involved.

"Thank you so much (Y/N)! See ya." She said smiling at you.

"Bye Carmen." You smiled back.

Taking your bags with you, you made your way to the door, humming softly as you eyed the fruits on display. You thought maybe you should've bought some to prepare snacks for Law, so you stopped to take a better look. Picking up an apple, your body froze entirely the moment you heard two very familiar voices.

"I said no." Grumbled your boyfriend from the other side of the street.

Shit.

You hid behind a wall and heard closely. He was fighting with Sengoku.

"Son, I'm telling you-"

"What the hell do you think you're doing? Does police risk the lives of citizens just to bring down a goddamn criminal?"

"It'd be perfect, Rosinante. We'd be on her back the entire time and provide her safety. They wouldn't even be able to lay a hair on her-"

Her? Is that me?

"You're using her as bait!" Growled Rosi.

"Well what do you suggest? Let them run town for another twenty years until they drop another senseless lead?" Sengoku sounded mad, but Rosinante was furious.