Lonely Thoughts

Once Rosinante left for work, you were once again left to drown in your dark thoughts all by your own. Breathing deeply, you stood up and went to your closet, making sure to close all windows and lock the door. Taking a tiny little key that was hidden in a loose floor tile under your bed, you opened a latch located at the wall of your closer, a whole door opening up and allowing you to see a generous amount of cash in front of you. The inheritance your parents had left you specifically to open your restaurant had been left in cash, and you kept it hidden. Nobody in the entire world but you knew about the amount of the money, it's position and it's state.

Sighing, you let your fingers wonder through the bills, picking up the wads of cash and weighing them in your hands. It was a lot of money. Enough to buy a house, and definitely enough to buy a restaurant.

So what am I waiting for?

Rosinante had definitely helped you motivate your desire to open a new place. It would be an amazing adventure, and, if you failed, you would count with the support of your family and hopefully Rosinante, if he stayed with you.

Rosinante...

You didn't know what was going on between the two of you. You were handsy with each other, he kissed you freely and clearly had an inclination to cuddle with you whenever he was given the chance. The bond you had in the past since you were both children had stayed, and had now grown into a more mature and needy relationship, but he hadn't made a move. He hadn't even told you he liked you. What if he was just playing with you? It didn't seem like him, yet again you didn't truly know him, you had just met again after all.

Maybe he was looking to have a relationship with a more mature and achieved woman. You were clearly a not very stable person, both psychologically and economically. Maybe he thought you were damaged goods and had you as a second choice. Your chest tightened with the idea of being used like that. You actually liked Rosinante a lot, and you were feeling like it would soon turn into love, but you were afraid of rushing anything.

Interrupting your thoughts a soft knock could be heard from your front door. Cursing, you closed the door, sealed the lock, put your clothes back in place to hide the square door and finally put the key back under the loose tile.

"Coming!" You said, closing the door of your room and reopening windows. You were clearly exaggerating, but you didn't want anyone to know about this money, and that meant that whenever you accessed this latch you'd make sure to close the apartment from any prying eyes.

Once everything was back to normal, you finally opened the door and were met immediately with the nervous gaze of your neighbor's son.

"Law! Are you back from school already?"

"C-can I come in?" He asked, hands fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"Of course! Are you hungry?"

He nodded.

Such a good boy~

"I'll make you something right away, alright?" His eyes immediately brightened up as you took his tiny hand and led him to your kitchen table, setting him down and serving him some juice so that he could wait for the meal with something. "Do you want some bread to munch on in the meantime?"

"No." He cringed, nose wrinkling in disgust.

"Oh, do you not like bread?" You giggled. Even though you were living with a personal crisis, the kid made everything melt away. He had the same soothing effect as his father, except that Law distracted you while Rosi helped you heal. You blushed thinking about how sweet Rosinante had been with you ever since you met. Maybe you did stand a chance.