Chapter 45: Dealing With Pain.

They run into the hospital and met William in the waiting room.

"Dad" Belle run in and hugged him.

"Dad" Luca said and William also hugged him and Ava after.

"What's wrong" Belle asked as she noticed the bruises and blood on his face and body.

"I need you to sit for what I'm about to tell you"

"Just tell us Dad" Belle demanded not following her father's instruction.

"It's your mother" He dropped the bomb and he didn't have to explain as she already knew what was wrong. She should have followed her father's advise, she stumbled back and slumped into the chair.

"What happened to Mom" Luca asked.

"She was shot. She's currently undergoing surgery, she is in critical condition"

William was just tearing Belle apart more than she already was. She sobbed as she rocked back and forth.

Her mother could die. She couldn't help but think the worst.

"Where is she" Belle asked as she stood up.

"Belle" William signed. There was so much pain in her father's eyes and she knew that he wanted to break down right there and then but he was trying to be strong for them, but she knew that he, seeing her like this wasn't helping.

"No Dad, where is she" She asked and turned in the direction of the operation theatre as they were on her trail.

"Belle" Ava called but she ignored her.

She came to a stop in front of the doors which lead to the operation theatre which also made them also made them stop behind her. She clenched her fists and things started to rattle around her as Luca, William  and Ava looked around as people had confusion written across their faces as they wondered the cause of the rattling.

"Belle" Ava placed her hand on her shoulder and she turned and looked at Ava with tears in her eyes.

"It's alright to cry, you know" Luca said and Ava nodded in agreement as Luca hugged her and the rattling stopped as she sobbed into his jacket.

"Hey, hey, I'm here. I've got you" Luca soothed and they walked back to the waiting room.

"Dad, what happened" Luca asked as he sat her in the chair.

"Your mom and I went to visit her sister, Freya and as we were coming back, we were attacked by some men and I tried to fight them off but before I could register anything, one guy shot your Mom thrice" William explained.

Attacked by some men??

X.

"This is all my fault, I should have just stayed with him. Who am I kidding?? I should have paid heed to his threats at least, you guys we'll be safe"

"Belle, it's n-"

"No it is my fault, he hurt mom and you just to teach me a lesson. Mom could die because of me. I should have never left, I should have stayed and just endured everything" Belle cried.

"No" William said.

Belle wiped her tears and nodded her head and laughed.

"Belle" Luca called and she just laughed more. They looked at her like she was insane.

"I just remembered, you guys love to play pranks. Mom could be home right now waiting for us, this sick joke has to stop. The woman in there isn't my Mom, she may even be a dummy or something. Guys, it's not funny anymore but I'm laughing anyway" She laughed once again.